Mazda connected service

Just filled out an angry contact form. I’m livid. Would not have purchased a Mazda had I know this was coming.

I was planning to set up the integration this weekend so I don’t even have the last version:/

@Jam_313 as long as you haven’t updated to the latest release of HA you should still be able to set it up shouldn’t you? Or does HA pull code down from GitHub when setting up an integration for the first time?

Cam we hack the original library on a personal GitHub using hacs??

I am a Mazda owner, but not a current user of the Mazda integration, as I own an older model from 2017, which hasn’t got any connected feature.

But, I just sent an email, marked as an official complaint, to Mazda Hungary, that it is scandalous that they forced the integration to be removed by a DMCA, and they are just loosing future clients this way.

I had plenty troubles in the past regarding their authorised service stations, this might be the last straw regarding choosing a Mazda in the future.

But to give a insight into Mazda’s philosophy on selling a car:

Everything we do is intended to make our customers take pride
in every moment of their Mazda ownership.

I encourage everybody to do the same, and send a complaint to your local Mazda office about this issue.

2 Likes

I Sent a E-Mail today with a complain. I was in the process of buying a Mazda mx-30 and will not do it, if they take down a open Source Integration with a cease letter!

Just curious. Is this possible to maintain the Integration in the Background?