MC6 Thermostat

Thanks again but unfortunately there is no such wifi menu not even after the reboot, only application association as by default…
ciao

Have you tried reset to factory?

Bye

Thanks for the hint. I tested it today but no way - I cannot get to the “Communication menu”…

Hi, Maybe your firmware version is too old. Anyway, if you want to use it as modbus slave, you must update it due to the communication bug.

Thanks Domaray, it might well be due to the older fw… I am waiting thet the J-Link EDU Mini In-Circuit Debugger (I hope this is correct one). LEt’s see if 3.09 fix both. Thanks

I lost the menu procedure to activate modbus trough screen lock on the MC6.
Does anyone know what it is?

Edit: found it!

Hi guys! my thermostat work fine. only when change temperature,miss conection 5 seconds. i see no is possible change mode,always in automatic. is possible change mode?

I’ve made it work, but I only see the temperature, would there be any way to see the humidity?

Hello, could someone tell me how to integrate the mc6 thermostat into home assistant.
(hardware) how to connect modbus to home assistant. My thermstat has version 3.10z
Could set them into modbus configuration by above procedure.

Hi Tiziano,

I have the JLnk to update it. Do you have the pinout of the MC6?
I saw some diagrams in you .zip file of the firmware but it doesn’t seem to be the same board as mine, at least the path routes of the PCB seem different.

Thanks,

Thanks a lot. I was wrong thinking that the connector was the strip pins 2x4 (J2). So, the connector is JP1 2x5 holes and I have to solder in there, right? In any case, the paths of this connector in my PCB are different like yours:

Yes is JP1 2x5.
I’ve use an old sata 2,5 " hard disk male pin header (cut only for 2x5), and i have soldered wire like a pogo pin header.

Hello,
Can you please reupload the firmware files. The link above is broken. I have the same issues, firmware version 2.98 and the modbus TCP MBAP length is 6 always… I have ST Link programmer, so probably upldating the firmware will not be a problem…
Thanks

1 Like

Well the programming was not a problem, only the erasing… so accidentally I erased the whole chip including the bootloader section from the beginning of the flash… so my hopeless question is: do you have the bootloader part? in the PDF I can see that there is a bootloader file, but it was not included in the zip. Also I noticed that you have also the schematics, which is also missing from that zip, so I hope you may have some additional files also… If not, then I am out of luck…

Sorry i dont have the bootloader. I don’t know if is possible dump from a working thermostat

Hi,
Just saw that my MC6 (v2.98) has a micro usb connector on board,
It is possible to flash the firmware with the usb cable?
Thanks

Hi, I just have obtained the bootloader. Give me a few days and I will upload it.