MCCGQ02HL Xiaomi BT Contact Sensor

Using the new (Home Assistant 2022.8.0) Bluetooth Integration
The Xiaomi contact sensor MCCGQ02HL only shows the Battery and Voltage attributes, i.e. no contact or light attributes
Using Bluetooth Low Energy Monitor shows light and contact binary sensor

1 Like

Have the same issue. Only link shows and donā€™t has any value

Binary sensors are not supported yet for Xiaomi BLE, the integration page shows which sensors are supported right now. The others sensors will follow asap. The devs aim to support the same sensors as BLE monitor. So, you have to be patient and wait till the next release, most likely.

I have the same issue. We are so patient, but is there roadmap for supporting this?

1 Like

in the 2022.9 release, the following Xiaomi binary sensors will be added

• light/dark sensor
  • wet/dry sensor
  • smoke sensor

There isnā€™t a road map unfortunately, all work is done by volunteers, so we do our best :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Waiting for this function too. Would be awesome. Good luck all developers and thanks!

Hi All,
I recently bought this type of sensor. The Xiaomi BLE integration has discovered it, but shows only ā€œBatteryā€ and ā€œVoltageā€ entities which are marked as ā€œnot availableā€. The same applies to the Bluetooth Low Energy Monitor integration. (10.5.3)
My system at the following level:
Home Assistant 2022.10.4
Supervisor 2022.10.0
Operating System 9.2
GUI 20221010.0 - latest
Is there any news about the support of this device?

BLE monitor should support the opening sensor, if not, it is a bug. Please report it on github with some debugging logs, preferably with the report unkownn advertisements enabled for that device.

Waiting for this function too

1 Like

+1 here for MCCGQ02HL

Only battery/voltage sensors are recognized.

Home Assistant 2022.12.1
Frontend 20221208.0 - latest

3 Likes

Same here.

Iā€™m deploying several MCCGQ02HL sensors and Iā€™m able only to get the battery, voltage and signal entities but not the main ones of open/close and light.

Looking forward to integrating them as well. Thanks for the work!

1 Like

Also looking forward to get it supported natively in HA. In the mean time you can make it work in esphome with below instructions. It works very well.

Edit:
I believe code used for that might be a good input to update the HA integration

1 Like

Has anyone got it to work with the Xiaomi BLE integration?
As I understand from this: ( Add door, opening and motion sensors to Xiaomi-ble by Ernst79 Ā· Pull Request #84990 Ā· home-assistant/core (github.com)) changes to allow support for MCCGQ02HL should be committed, but I still do not get support for open/close events.

It will be available in 2023.2 release

1 Like

To all. I have added support for Xiaomi motion, opening and door sensors three weeks ago. It will be available in the 2023.2 release next week, so you have to be a little patient till next week (or install the latest beta).

A short overview of the changes in 2023.2

• Adding door, opening and motion binary sensors to Xiaomi-ble, along with some additional binary sensors for door stuck, door left open, device forcibly removed, etc., which is also reported by these sensors.
  • The following sensors are using these sensors
    • Door: XMZNMS08LM, ZNMS16LM, ZNMS17LM
    • Opening: MS1BB(MI), MCCGQ02HL and Qingping CGH1
    • Motion: MJYD02YL, RTCGQ02LM, CGPR1, HS1BB(MI)
  • Adding support for Xiaomi Mijia Smart Temperature and Humidity Monitor 3 (MJWSD05MMC)

Note that the motion sensor of MUE4094RT is a little different, as it doesnā€™t send motion clear. I have added this as an event for that sensor.

Also note that the binary sensors do not support restoring their state over a HA restart at the moment. That will need to be fixed in the future.

2 Likes

Great news! Many thanks!
Is there any recommended way to get the bind key for those devices that need it (e.g. MCCGQ02HL)?

Encryption keys can be found in the way I explained in the FAQ for BLE monitor.

2 Likes

Great, thanks! Iā€™ve been using the token extractor so far for the door sensor and telink flasher for temp/humidity ones.

1 Like

I am just getting signal strength, even after latest update 2023.2

Hi!
Iā€™ve been waiting for the 2023.2 release for this to work but I canā€™t find any news at all concerning how to get this sensor working. I can see it i the ā€œBluetooth Low Energy Monitorā€ integration and in ā€œDoor/Window Sensor 6C75 (MCCGQ02HL)ā€ integration but neither will include the open/close function, which is like the whole idea. Did the new code make it into the release?

1 Like