Mealie in HA

Anyone using Mealie in Home Assistant? I noticed that there was an archived integration in Github but nothing else. Would be great to have as an add-on.

2 Likes

How is everyone changing the default admin password in Mealie? It seems to require a mailserver to send the password reset link, but my HA server doesn’t have a mail server installed and I’m loath to install one merely for this one application.

Goto Settings -> Users and select the user you want, then “Generate a Password Rest Link” and copy it using the button appears next to it. Then go to this copied url where you can reset the password without sending an email.

1 Like

When I click the button, it doesn’t copy anything to the clipboard. Is that an error?

In mine (on HA Supervised) it has a link to the .secret file in the addon data.

Did you click this button?

Also note, this is v1.0.0-RC1.1. If you’re using an old version, the behavior might be different.

Are you on v1.0.0-RC1.1. An older version might have a different behavior/bug.

I think I am on that version, I downloaded it in the last day or two. I can’t see right now, my home network seems to be down. I think the wind blew my starlink over. Yeah I know, fix it to the house, I know.

NEVERMIND I guess I’m just an idiot. I overlooked the BASE-URL option in the extended Mealie configuration.
Next step: set up an SSL certificate for HA. Mealie explicitly warns that the clipboard might not function or a non-secured connection.

I gave up on the REST way. I just use it through iFrame with the direct link to the mealplan. Works flawless

Did you disable the login for mealie or have you found a way to store credentials? For me I have to login from time to time

Not clear who you are asking, but having to log in is expected isn’t it?

Sorry, I was asking @Zwijgplicht since he’s using Iframe as well. I do log in fine but I haven’t found a way to store credentials using Iframe, it gets annoying really fast to log in every couple of weeks, perhaps everytime the app updates (?)

Yeah, I noticed the same. After a week or so you need to login again. Will look into the REST option later.

See this tutorial to link Mealie into HA via REST.

2 Likes

I have been using mealie for a while now. It is a pity that the integration does not yet work properly. use mealie now on our wall panel through a web page card.
Including I can use all functions within home assistant.

2 Likes

I created a blog about how I use Mealie in HA with also a week planner integration on my dashboard.

4 Likes

Last three posts are all fantastic, many thanks.

3 Likes

Are you using the HA add on or docker? I am having nightmares trying to configure SSL with the add on