Mealie in HA

i saw that there is a cooking alarm in mealie(still discovering this app and the best way to implement this for me) is there any way to implement this i have now a hacking way to achieve this

Where are you guys running mealie ?
separate HW ? or addon in HA

I am treying addon, but it is sad it is not fully integrated ā€¦ it open on separateurl with port ā€¦
but there is no option ā€œShow in sidebarā€

I try use ā€œwebsite dashboardā€ but it is working only when i am home with local IP

what are you using for mealie for acces from outside ?

I am using NabuCasa for acces to home assistant remotely

Addon, and open it in a separate tab.

but it not work remotely with nabu casa :-/

There are other options. I use zerotier.

hmmm Zerotier ā€¦ but it is VPN ?
cannot use VPN, because I want use it on device, where I cant install another SW ā€¦

i assume by ā€œdeviceā€ you mean the host running ha? Zerotier is available as an addon.

but VPN need installed software on both sides (server, client )

I cannot install VPN on every computer/mobile from which It will be conneting ā€¦

Why not? I have it installed on my phone and my laptop. Thatā€™s all I need.

Thank you very much for your work, made it really easy to setup the combination of shopping lists! :+1:

You said, there is a problem with an entry ā€œunavailableā€. Would you mind sharing some insight, what you think the issue is? I havenā€™t experienced it yet, but Iā€™m sure this will come up sooner or later. So why not fix that one. :slight_smile:

well ā€¦ what if I want share recipe with my friend ? ā€¦
or, manage recipes in my work ( dont tell employer :smiley: :smiley: )

So youā€™d give them access to your nabu casa account to share a recipe, but not your vpn. Doesnā€™t make sense to me.

So the official integration only has this:
Calendar
Creates a Mealie calendar within Home Assistant, this is read only and creates appropriate time slots for breakfast, lunch and dinner

Am i right?

You have any update if it will happen that your ideas are in the official one too?

Yes the official one only has calendars at the moment.

All the functionality my custom integration provides has been replicated and more for the next release of HA so only just over a week to wait, things are done a little differently in places so hold off doing anything too advanced with my integration.

So you advice to immediately start with the official one.
Ok thank you.
Thx for warning

1 Like

While this is HA - Mealie topic, i do have some questions iā€™m struggling with.

Iā€™m running mealie as an addon on home assistant.
I have 1 user in mealie for myself.
I want to use it but there are soem caveats.
My wife should be able to:

• easily add meals, not using laptop, but using smartphone
  • easily add meals to the planner.

How do you guys do this?
Theres an app ā€œMealientā€ which is not official, but it looks good, but you cant add it to the plannerā€¦

In a further step, i want to add the recipe ingredients and the todo list, but thats even trickier

Mealie simply runs as a web page. Your wife can access the web page.

She could also create a shortcut on her launcher/whatever IOS calls it. So it acts like an app

2 Likes

thx for the info

Mealie uses a progressive web app, so you get the ā€œapp feelingā€ by visiting the normal page. :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s why Mealie doesnā€™t have (and needs) its own app, the page is already built for mobile. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m not sure how access is available for the add-on, Iā€™m running Mealie on a different machine, but if your wife has access, everything you said is possible. And for the shopping list, scroll up this thread a bit, thereā€™s a perfect guide on how to set an automatic move from Mealie shopping list to HA shopping list. :slight_smile:

1 Like