Meater through the api

It should be included in HA 2022.5

1 Like

ill take a look again. thanks!

I have Home Assistant 2022.4.7, says its up to date, is there a beta to download?

2022.5 will be the May release. Can’t remember exactly when in the month it comes out but I think the first week or so.

I don’t see the beta out yet either. Not sure the timeline on that.

thats cool, its coming soon enough. Seems like they are working on TONS of stuff all the time and releasing them. Hopefully the MEATER+ will work with the meater intergration.

It will, I’ve been using this code for at least a year now.

1 Like

do you know if i have to have the meater app running on my phone to see it on the HA because of the bluetooth?

I think you have to open the app once to get the connection to Meater Cloud going, then after that you can close it. The integration doesn’t use Bluetooth directly, it uses the info sent to the cloud, unless something’s changed.

I thought I read somewhere it needs the bluetooth for constant communications. I can be wrong.

The single meater must be connect to a phone by Bluetooth. That phone connects to the cloud and HA will get the I formation from the cloud. If you have a block, the phone is not necessary. At least that is what I always understood. I have a single meater and an old phone to connect. My own phone will connect to the cloud or HA.

1 Like

I have a single Meater + and it works without Bluetooth to the phone. It seems like the app needs to be opened once to get the cloud connection going than it’s not needed anymore.

2 Likes

The beta is out now, and the beta release notes refer to it. 2022.5: Beta release notes - Home Assistant

1 Like

looks like meater is working on beta! They only thing now since I joined beta is my insteon thermostat intergration wont respond to my insteon thermostat now. I change the temp up and the actual thermostat does nothing. When I physically change the temp, the HA intergration doesnt reflect it now. I look in my logs and nothing shows up there" after my beta upgrade" when i filter to just the entity. any thoughts?

The beta release notes I posted a link to is very clear about how to report issues, and please please do.

1 Like

ill try to find and report. I will first test my backup before I install the beta to just make sure I didnt break something at same time :smiley:

1 Like

Sorry I thought you had installed the beta?

I missed typed, you are right and I did install the beta. I ment to say I will uninstall the beta to make sure my thermostat works again and then reinstall the beta to cross confirm it breaks it again.

1 Like

Will give the Beta a go. I currently have it installed via custom_components. Is there any way we are able to gain more information such as cooking time left, or target temperature?

1 Like

Yep, should be built in and already there for ya.

1 Like

Thanks for the screenshot! The version i have currently loaded in then must be old! Those are just the stats i am after!