Media Browser and Sonos Player

That should awesome, i am using SonosRadio, how can i add that to home assistant?

In your Sonos App, go to the radio station in question, and add it to your favourites.
Now i assume you already have set-up Sonos in Home Assistant.
In Home Assistant go to Developer Tools --> States.
Search for your media_player.whatevernameyougaveit

Under “Source” you find the radio stations you previously marked as favourite in your Sonos app.
Now to call it in an automation or something,

Use this:

Good luck!

3 Likes

100% workning thank you so much my friend!!!

1 Like

Is there any way to get the other Sonos objects to show up? I see sources populated with Sonos Stations and Sonos Albums, but not Sonos Playlists or Sonos Play Recently.

Don’t think so. Home assistant only looks at the playlists and radio stations you have marked as favourites and presents them as sources as far as I know.

Ok, thanks. I’ll poke my nose around in core/homeassistant/components/sonos/ and see if I can sort out how to extend it to fetch Sonos Playlists in addition to the Sonos Albums and Sonos Stations.

still i’d love to see a good Sonos integration for the Media Browser. Then you have all you ever need and in my opinion the best Sonos integration you can get. I have no programming experience. I hope someone with that knowledge is able to make such thing. Someone already made a great media browser integration with Youtube Music. Youtube Music - Media Browser - #419 by ctowers I have tested this on Sonos a while back and it works really beautiful with Sonos. I’m no Youtube Music user… It would be brilliant to see a nice GUI to use my Sonos favourites (the info you also have in the Sonos App) select playlists, scroll trough the music etc to play to my Sonos.

While I am a subscriber of YouTube Music, I don’t love the official Sonos integration one bit; I greatly preferred the Google Play Music.

With YTM, I can no longer like/dislike tracks (to train YTM on what I do/don’t listen to) nor can I “Start Radio” on an artist/genre which I often liked to do. I’m sure there’s a handful of other missing GPM->YTM features missing that I simply don’t know about because I don’t use them.

Google reminds me a bit of Cisco Systems (working on their stuff being my day job).
The new product is released and while it’s touted as the best thing since sliced bread, in reality it only does 20% of what’s needed in the Real World™. After a number of years of being bitched by the market, they slowly get the product to 80% functionality slowly creeping towards that 100% figure … then they suddenly decide to abandon further development of the “old” product in favor of the “new”, shiny object. You know, the shiny object that puts them right back at 20% functionality.

Anyway, I’m not a software dev by trade, but with enough brute force trial-and-error I can usually get things to do what I want. I’m very new to Homeassistant so perhaps hacking on the Sonos integration would be a good way to allow me to dip my toe in to the water.

yeah i understand. Must admit that i don’t like Google at all. The only think that’s Google in my house are Google Nest Hubs to cast Home Assistant to (with disabled mic’s). Works great tho!

Well, i bet that you get the job done better than me, lol. If i can help you with testing/troubleshooting, let me know.

I everyone,
Did someone managed to solve the “Local library not found” message?
I’m trying to control me Sonos via the media browser / use local media and I keep getting this error.
Thanks

The media browser uses the local library of Sonos. When you have no network paths to local music resources connected via de Sonos app, it will give this message.
As far as i can rememeber, Sonos deleted the option to connect to a NAS location for example to play your own music, but since the last update of the app Sonos added the option again.
When you have a network location connected and you have music in there, the error message disappears and you can play your local muisc. That’s only local, no streaming services are available unfortunately.

Hello,
I am sure i don’t understand all but just a question:
Is a sonos able to play mp3 stored in H.A?
I have fiew mp3 stored in H.A these are alarms and warnings. Actally I use tv as media player but this solution are too slow. I think to buy sonos 1 player to play mp3. Is tha a good idea?. Thanks for your remarks. Regards

Hi everyone.

I have both the sonos and the spotify integration. running HA on Rpi 4 8gb.
in the spotify integration when I open the library I get to choose whatever music I want to play by selecting it as if I were in the spotify app but I have no device to play it on.

when selecting the library in either one of the ikea (sonos) speakers (plus integration) I have, that doesn’t work. Yet when I start the spotify app on my phone and stream to one of the speakers that album/song/playlist is visiable in HA. I can stop and play increase decrease volume as normal.

what am I missing?

You don’t miss anything
Sonos is not fully supported by the Spotify api

thanks, but if I understand the thread above right, it should be possible?