Media / DLNA / ? : how to play a whole folder with music-files

Hi, with 2022.3 the long awaited DLNA came to the table which is a great improvement. Until today I did not bother looking at playing music or automating it as (for me) too cumbersome. With just a little bit of tweaking I got the DLNA to cast to my 12yr old denon avr4520 so not bad at all.
There is just one thing that I seem to miss…how to play a whole ‘folder’…i.e. my folders contain copies of my CD (and downloads). I can play one but after that ends, it stops and I would like to either select multiple or that the player just auto-continues with the next one.
I expected this to be ‘normal’ so maybe I am missing the point here but if someone knows ‘how’ then I would be grateful for the help :slight_smile:

6 Likes

My DLNA entity is unavailable. I don’t know how to configure it. Can you give me some tips

I only got it to work when I set my environment using local ip addresses. I.e. the local url is now http://192.168…:8123
After I added this…started immediately working and also (!) my chromecast and google mini
To still be available from the outside, I setup a reverse proxy using Syno (which was easy, nginx is a bit more challenging so I read)

http://192.168.88.138:5555/notify Is this the event listening address used? It’s the same with other addresses. It’s available when adding, but the entity becomes unavailable after a while. The previous version didn’t have this problem

QQ图片20220427113420

I never used the listener, my devices are a TV and a Denon receiver, the one thing that I added was (as I see you did too) is the polling tickbox. For as far as I have seen (I am not really actively using them), this makes them always available (when I want it they are)

@vingerha I somehow miss the point, but how exactly are you instructing HA to play entire directory/album to the DLNA player?

1 Like

Sadly the answer is ‘not’… only one by one is feasible for me and this seems to be a wider spread topic

Play multiple songs in DLNA Digital Media Server - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

1 Like