Media_play does not work

I’ve tried lots of path combinations for my media file in the HA media folder - Every time I use the cast node, I get

“Not able to load media:Load failed Not able to load the media.”

HA is seeing the request from NodeRed, because the media player in the media section of HA shows a NodeRed icon beside it after the call, but the actual file won’t play.

Isn’t it so crazy that a simple task like playing an mp3 on a device in your home is so convoluted and hard to do. HomeAssistant, please make this easier! I have strugged with this for years, got it working once, then suddenly it stopped working and I have never been able to resolve it. All I want to do is make a doorbell sound ring! Perhaps HA should add their own noises into the Homeassistant itself that Google Devices can access.

Ah, I see we’ve both needed to come across this old thread. I’m not sure if it’s a 2024.6 issue but since updating I can’t play local files anymore. After adding an external and internal URL which it was asking for but didn’t seem to be needed previously (unless it was there and I forgot about it then got removed somehow) I can see my Sonos app attempting to play the mp3 but after a few seconds it gives up.

I’ll check back in if I figure it out.