Media Player choose a playlist by time of day

When attempting to choose which playlist to start playing on a squeezebox media player by what time of day it is, home assistant returns with an unknown error message.

Code here: https://pastecode.io/s/hdh8w2wp

Each playlist is tested and works from a simple play media action, just not as part of a choose action.

I have a sneaky suspicion that this is a bug rather than an error in my yaml, but in case it isn’t (or a work around exists) I thought best to reach out to the wise forum peeps before bothering the Devs.

Context: The choice is located in an automation sequence which doesn’t complete if the error returns. As the error is unknowable, there’s no way to mitigate it other than to remove the choose options altogether.

If anyone can spot the yaml error or confirm the bug, I’d be ever so grateful

We can’t see the full automation. So for all we know it’s probably what you left out that is the issue.

The choose action fails whether isolated or within an automation sequence. I have built redundancies into the action, such as when the media player is unavailable, so that the automation continues regardless of the availability of each component.

So, no… That’s not it

Is the empty object necessary?

navigateIds:
        - {}

That is inserted by the UI so one can only guess as to its importance. I shall see what results when it is removed and report back with further clarity

I’ve resolved the issue simply by utilising a series of if-then actions so I’m going to raise a bug issue with the Devs. Hopefully they can resolve this problem quickly

Don’t forget to include the full automation then, or it will not be taken seriously