Media Player Entity Volume won't set

Working on an automation that raises/lowers the volume of a media player device depending on a button push from a lutron pico (4 button switch). I have all the logic for the automation working just fine and confirmed that it is triggering and executing my action. However the volume doesn’t increase and when I look at the state of the entity in the developer tools the volume_level attribute doesn’t change.

I’ve also tried executing the following service in the developer tools and also don’t see any changes to the media-player entity volume_level attribute

service: media_player.volume_up
data: {}
target:
  device_id: 9454bd6bf81d257f8c14c4e1240c6e6a

My player is a device that uses the dlna integration and if i use the default media player card the volume slider works just fine. I have also tried to set the volume to a specific number as well and that doesn’t do anything either.

When I look at the logbook for the device i can see the device change to playing or stopping when I call the media_play/stop service in developer tools. But for whatever reason calling the volume services doesn’t do anything.

Any ideas ?

1 Like

I am having a similar issue, must be something with the latest update. The error i am getting is: Entity media_player.bedroom_display does not support this service.

I’m not getting any errors actually and after some more testing it works sometimes - but only for the first press of the up and down. Then it stops. Weird…