[media_player] Kodi (STOP button)

Please for the love of GOD add a stop button for this media player. Everything works ok but only play / pause related buttons. To stop media that plays I always have to call service.

Why stop at a Stop button?

very nice solution, already using something similar. However a stop button on the GUI to actually stop the media will be invaluable!

A stop button would be greatly appreciated! Especially for live TV. Here, the pause button starts the time shift functionality.

There’s no easy way to stop live TV from playing.

I can not believe ppl do not want this, I mean how do you easily stop the video from media player kodi UI? You call the service? this is crazy, why pause button and not stop?

3 Likes

Moved away from default media player card to something that give me stop, because i do not want to keep videos open in a paused state, that’s crazy.

I’d suggest to everyone do the same if you do not want to wait another 2 years until they decide this is actually useful.

I would also like to see this added

I worked around the problem by creating a button card which calls the media_player.stop service. Simply create a card, goto code editor, and paste the following. The entity obviously needs to be replaced, but you should be able to do this back inside the graphical editor by choosing from a drop down menu.

type: horizontal-stack
cards:
  - show_name: false
    show_icon: true
    type: button
    entity: media_player.kodi_6cf1efb9f81e9c492da791221b107905
    name: Stop
    icon: mdi:stop-circle-outline
    tap_action:
      action: call-service
      service: media_player.media_stop
      target:
        entity_id: media_player.kodi_6cf1efb9f81e9c492da791221b107905
      data: {}
    icon_height: 30px
  - show_name: false
    show_icon: true
    type: button
    tap_action:
      action: call-service
      service: media_player.media_play
      target:
        entity_id: media_player.kodi_6cf1efb9f81e9c492da791221b107905
    entity: media_player.kodi_6cf1efb9f81e9c492da791221b107905
    name: Start
    icon: mdi:motion-play-outline
    icon_height: 30px

One Button looks weird, so I added another.
kodi
In the image above the buttons are underneath the kodi element and only take a small amount of space when setting it to 30px height.

Dude run, just stop all that, go get yourself a better custom card and be done with it.

Life is to short to wait for somebody to change some ideas that they don’t even understand they are wrong. Until somebody will change that default card to include all the proper buttons, there is no point in using it.

1 Like