Media Player, NFC Tags, Full Album

I am trying to use NFC Tags to play full albums from my Sonos Speakers, in a way that would be easier for my Wife to use and I thought it may be an interesting thing to try to do. Unfortunately, I have been unable to get it play from the Local Source. I run my Home Assistant in a Docker on Unraid that I have plex on, so I have the media folder pointed to the Music Folder that I hold all my music on. I don’t get an error when I scan the tag, it just doesn’t do anything.

id: '1619314071905'
alias: Play Illuminations
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: tag
    tag_id: c1447f90-f0b6-4bd2-a5c4-fae8b11971f3
condition: []
action:
  - service: media_player.play_media
    data:
      media_content_id: /local/music/Josh Groban/Illuminations/
      media_content_type: music
    target:
      area_id: 8c70124a582d42d5b9c2f77e057fe69e
      device_id: 972c11b83ef24fcdbc679e07c1ae5522
      entity_id: media_player.living_room
mode: single

Posted is my current configuration. I am not sure what I am missing, or where my problem lies.

Imagine you are the sonos device, and you are told to play /local/music/Josh Groban/Illuminations/, where exactly are you going to look?

Since you mention both Sonos and Plex, have you tried using those integrations directly?

Thanks for the help. It took a bit of trial and Error to get the Plex Integration to Work Properly

Hello @tcochran1987 ,

I would like to archive the same.
Maybe you can post your automation.
Do you make a list of tags and media, or how do you handle this?

Best regards,
Stefan

I am not entirely sure what you mean by make a list of tags. I will need to wait until I get to where I can get on easily so I can post my automation.

HI,

I also have the same target to use NFC cards to playback some albums. Unfortunately media player itself cannot play a folder, so sad.
I have now done a workaround to save the albums as sonos favourite, so I can access them easily via the home assistant.

See my working implementation

action:
  - service: media_player.play_media
    target:
      entity_id: media_player.wohnzimmer
    data:
      media_content_id: FV:2/64
      media_content_type: favorite_item_id
    metadata:
      title: Blood Like Lemonade
      thumbnail: >-
        /getaa?u=x-file-cifs%3a%2f%2fsimonnas%2fmusic%2fM%2fMorcheeba%2fBlood%2520Like%2520Lemonade%2fCrimson.mp3&v=1269
      media_class: album
      children_media_class: null
      navigateIds:
        - {}
        - media_content_type: favorites
          media_content_id: ""
        - media_content_type: favorites_folder
          media_content_id: object.container.album.musicAlbum
mode: single`