Media_player.play_media working in developer tools but not in script

I’m wanting to create a simple script to play a sound on my tablet using browser_mod to make the instance of the browser on the tablet a media player. If I test this in the services tab within developer tools the sound works as expected but if I add this as an action in the script it doesn’t.

Screenshot 2020-12-18 at 12.27.30
Developer tab yaml that works.

Screenshot 2020-12-18 at 12.26.09
Action in script that doesn’t work. (notice the reference to seek_media even though I have chosen play_media’)

Any help would be grateful. I’m running 2020.12.1 of HA.

Thanks in advance.

How do you confirm that it doesn’t work in the automation? Could as well be that the trigger or a condition you have is not working. Please show the full automation and please post code (and format it correctly), no pictures.

It’s a script not an automation, there are other actions that are called in the flow that do trigger when I run the script so I know the script works, the ‘sound’ action is called at the beginning of the script but doesn’t trigger.

The photos were to illustrate that it works as a service call vs the script action but see below for the action as yaml:

service: media_player.play_media
data:
  media_content_id: /local/audio/alert.mp3
  media_content_type: audio
entity_id: media_player.dashboard_wallpanel

Do you get any errors in the logs?

No errors. I mentioned that the screenshot referenced ‘seek media’ as opposed to ‘play media’ so wondering if this is a bug with the latest release of simple a typo.