Media Player, Plex and Alexa

Hoping somebody can help…
I’m trying to get some Plex playlists pushed to Alexa

I would like to be able to send a plex playlist to an Alexa media player device, but I’m getting a bit confused.

I believe the key issue is that I’ve added my Plex Server, but I only seem to have Sensor entities that comes from it… nothing shows in the mdeia player section…

Additionally I have Alexa Media Player set up and can successfully send sounds to my Alexa (I’ve only ever done this with a notify event however

Looking at the documentation for Plex Integration ( Plex Media Server - Home Assistant (home-assistant.io)) I should be able to call something like (using NodeRed, but shouldn’t matter)

My belief is that I should be able to do play_media (or media_play… not sure the difference) and send something like the following to Plex

{
  "media_content_type": "MUSIC",
  "media_content_id":{
    "playlist_name": "Top Christmas",
    "shuffle": "1"
  }
}

But, something seems to be missing - I don’t see how I can identify Plex as the source or Alexa as the output… only the output seems set

Can someone help me navigate?
Thanks!

Not got the answer but I found over here someone calling it with plex://

If I try this in my play_media call, I at least don’t get an error, but it doesn’t do anything…

{	  "media_content_type": "MUSIC",	  "media_content_id":'plex://{"playlist_name": "Top Christmas", "shuffle": "1"}'	}	

I have been trying to figure out how to interact with my TV and Plex for awhile with no success.

This a simple version of the routine seems to be missing something or I’m chasing something that isn’t supported

- id: upstairsTVonAtTime
  alias: "Turn on Upstairs TV at specific time and play random Seinfeld episode via Plex"
  trigger:
    - at: "21:03:00"
      platform: time
  action:
    - service: media_player.play_media
      entity_id: media_player.lg_webos_tv_un7300aud
      data:
        media_content_type: movie
        media_content_id: 'plex://{ "library_name": "TV", "show_name": "Seinfeld", "shuffle": "1" }'
    - delay: "00:15:00"
    - service: media_player.media_stop
      data:
        entity_id: media_player.lg_webos_tv_un7300aud
1 Like

Beginning to think we’re both chasing an impossible dream at this stage!

Damn… Really wish I could get this to work. Could be used apart of the routine I have for security when we go on vacation that is triggered by motion detected on the cameras.

Maybe one day