Media_Player samsungtv causing Home Assistant to fail at boot

Home Assistant Version: 0.45.1

Have this configuration in my configuration.yaml file a very basic samsungtv configuration:

media_player:

• platform: samsungtv
    host: 10.0.0.58

Home Assistant with this configuration does not boot up successfully very often and when it does I recieve the following error:

The following components and platforms could not be set up:
media-player.samsungtv
Please check your config

I don’t understand where it is getting media-player instead of media_player, I have no other media_player includes at all. Was working perfectly fine a few days ago. home-assistant.log says this:

17-06-02 22:11:41 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of media_player is taking over 10 seconds.
17-06-02 22:11:42 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of device_tracker is taking over 10 seconds.
17-06-02 22:11:42 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of tts is taking over 10 seconds.

When I take out the media_player section, Home Assistant boots up fine. hass --script check_config returns all green.

No idea what is wrong with it.

Hi Community,

I’m Jan from Germany and i’am new here. I’m using Home Assistant since two weeks and writing a blog about it (in german of course ;))

I have the same problem with platform “samsungtv”.
But the strange thing is that sometimes it is working, and i’am able to control my Samsung TV.
Other times Home Assistant Service seems to be hanging during restart process.
Every time i comment out the media_player section the service will boot up without problems.

Any idea how to log something helpful?

greetings
Jan

1 Like

I found issue #7739. Maybe it has something to do with that.

can you provide the link?

You can find it in 0.46 release notes.