Media player stopped playing mp3

A few weeks ago I have setup a media player via esphome. It was working. I was able to play tts and mp3 files. A few days ago, when tried to play mp3 files, there are no audio coming from the speaker. The stange thing is that I am still able to create tts text message. The text audio outputs through the speaker. Mp3 files will not. Logs does not show any errors. I think one of the esphome updates has broken it. I would like to go back to a specific esphome only for this device config setup and not everyone of my devices. Is this possible? I am stuck at this point of how to troubleshoot.

Log when playing an mp3 files

http://192.168.1.20:8123/media/local/music/Sarah%20Mclachlan%20-%20When%20She%20Loved%20Me.mp3?authSig=eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpc3MiOiI3NjAyMWU5Njg3ZDQ0OWYzOTAwYjE2MmM1NGIyNTgwYyIsInBhdGgiOiIvbWVkaWEvbG9jYWwvbXVzaWMvU2FyYWggTWNsYWNobGFuIC0gV2hlbiBTaGUgTG92ZWQgTWUubXAzIiwicGFyYW1zIjp7fSwiaWF0IjoxNjc1NTY5MTkzLCJleHAiOjE2NzU2NTU1OTN9.mfltQFoy-O5_bgw5-LxirlTkC4dkA_ZNFd6vklxhmVk

This is the url that is outputted in the log above. When I run this in a browser, it works.

Log when playing tts

config

# ESP32 NodeMCU
substitutions:
  name: razer-leviathan-player
  platform: ESP32
  board: nodemcu-32s

esphome:
  name: $name
  platform: $platform
  board: $board

wifi:
  ssid: !secret ssid3
  password: !secret ssid_pass
  manual_ip:
    static_ip: 192.168.1.113
    subnet: 255.255.255.0
    gateway: 192.168.1.1

captive_portal:
logger:

api:
  encryption:
    key: !secret esphome_apikey

ota:
  password: !secret ota_pass

media_player:
  - platform: i2s_audio
    name: $name
    dac_type: external
    i2s_lrclk_pin: GPIO25
    i2s_dout_pin: GPIO22
    i2s_bclk_pin: GPIO26
    mode: stereo

on_play:
      - logger.log: "Playback started!"
    on_pause:
      - logger.log: "Playback paused!"
    on_idle:
      - logger.log: "Playback finished!"

sensor:
  - platform: wifi_signal
    name: $name wifi signal
    update_interval: 15s
    filters:
      - sliding_window_moving_average:
          window_size: 15
          send_every: 15
          send_first_at: 1

binary_sensor:
  - platform: status
    name: "$name status"

switch:
  - platform: restart
    name: "$name Restart"
    icon: mdi:restart

There is an old saying in computing: “if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it!”

Can you recall what version of esphome did you compile it with when it worked?

Not really. I normally just update the esphome via HA, but I don’t compile for each of the devices at the same time. Looking at the previous esphome version there was a fix for the i2s_audio on 2022.12.1. I am assume I had it working on 2022.12.0. I am currently compiled on 2022.12.8.

There is another issue with the I2S media player on ESPHome, but from that topic it looks like local mp3 media are fine. I can also testify that local media and text to speach working fine.
What is NOT working is external link like radio :frowning: