Media_player.unjoin service temporarily silences remaining group members 60 seconds later

Hello,

I have numerous Sonos speakers running the first generation Sonos S1 controller software which are integrated into my Home Assistant instance. Everything runs perfectly fine, except this one oddity. When I call the media_player.unjoin service on any of the speakers in a group, the remaining group members bizarrely become silent for approximately 5 seconds, approximately 60 seconds after the service is called. If I call another media_player.unjoin service on any of the remaining speakers, the speakers remaining in the group become silent for appriximately 5 seconds, approximately 60 seconds after that service is called, and so on.

I have had this issue for a very long time, thinking I would eventually find the problem, to no avail. I had previously used the sonos.unjoin service and experienced the same oddity, but I recently transitioned to the media_player.unjoin service and I am experiencing the same issue. I’m curious if this is an expected behavior, or if anyone has an idea how I can troubleshoot this problem. It should be noted that I have removed this service from all automations and I have troubleshot the issue by calling the service manually from the developer tools. Calling the service manually has the same issue.

Conducting further testing, it appears this oddity only occurs when the source input of the master player is set to ‘TV’. I am currently using a Sonos Playbar as the TV source. When music is playing over other services, even when the Playbar is the master source in the group, the union service does not cause other speakers in the group to go temporarily silent. Any thoughts?

It appears that the reason the grouped Sonos speakers silenced when other speakers were being ‘unjoined’ was related to the way I had the Sonos speakers added in Groups in the Alexa App. So, if you run into this issue, check your Alexa App and make sure you only connect your Sonos speakers by connecting them to the designated Alexa device instead of adding the speakers themselves to that same Group, if that makes sense. It only took two years to resolve lol.