Media player will not play

If I click on Media and try to play a mp3 file, it plays on the browser fine when I click on the web browser, but if I click on the browser ID it will not play. If I try to play a file in the automation tab it also plays no sound when I select the browser Id. I must be missing a setting. Any thoughts ?

Hi welcome to the forum!
Are you using the right browser ID, not from another window/tab?

I am using the number provided by Browser Mod page and I select it in the automation. I have tried all the Browser Mod Id’s in the drop down. I deleted Browser Mod and Reloaded Browser Mod also. Nothing seems to make it work.

How do you access your HA?
Did you try to use another device/browser as mediaplayer?

I have tried Edge and Firefox Cleared each’s cache. I have even used different computers. I don’t think it is the browser since I can play the mp3 file and TTS in the media page on Home assistant when I click on the Browser in the right lower part of page and select the Web browser, it plays fine but when I click on the Browser Id from the drop down, It does not play. I have deleted all of the Browser Id’s but to no avail. Thanks for your reply.

I turned off the auto register and the register button after it was registered and that corrected the problem.

Good you got it solved!

Please take the time to mark your post as the solution, you do that by selecting the three dots under the post:

Then select the check box:

By doing so this prevents that someone else steps in to try to help.