MELCLOUD not working?

just confirming that including a DNS entry from production.receiver.melcloud.com to 52.215.226.151 into my router did fix the problem into MELCloud and homeassistant.

Thanks @Bokenbergen

5 Likes

I’ve spent all day resetting my router thinking its a IT problem at home… Mine stopped working on the 18th as well…

Portugal is not working either. I send some of your suggestions over as it doesn’t make sense why they don’t implement a quick DNS change as a quick fix. Change control in these big companies can be a nightmare though. Many channels to go through before doing a remedial change.

…and PT has been out since the 17th or 18th also.

Take one look at the app and you have the answer to that question :sweat_smile:

Thanks (and for others too for the exact IP address) for sharing this workaround.

I have an Asus AC66U_B1 router with Merlin firmware and although don’t have pihole or adguard home server I was able to add to host file described in this post.

added the following line to hosts.add file:
52.215.226.151 production.receiver.melcloud.com

Now my AP35 AC unit is controllable and working again from HA!

3 Likes

Hello. I am another one who stopped working in Madrid, Spain. Last Thursday it stopped working. I thought it was a problem with my network but I am seeing that it is a problem with the Melcloud servers. Before seeing that it was a Melcloud problem, I tried to configure the Wi-Fi device again, and what surprises me is that if I log into my router it has not been assigned an IP. How do the LEDs on the WiFi device flash for you? For me the error LED flashes every 5 seconds twice in a row, the Net LED flashes every half a second and the unite LED flashes every 5 seconds. According to the manual, the problem is that it does not connect to the Melcloud servers and not that the router has not assigned it an IP, but as I say, when I enter the router, it does not appear in the device table. Thank you very much for the help

1 Like

Hello from Sevilla, Spain. The same leds flashes in my device since yesterday. You can see the temperature curve in the MELCloud app, it’s not working since Thursday. I hope they will solve soon.

1 Like

Thanks for info. Saved me a lot of more time debugging :grinning:

It has not been working here in the Czech Republic since April 16. As I mentioned yesterday, I have many units in three locations. For me, it makes no sense to custom set DNS everywhere. MelCloud has not been working for a long time and mitsubishi support, as mentioned by many people here, does not communicate. I do not understand that MITSU and their support team do not communicate and at the same time have a non-functional solution for almost a week.

They run a cloud service (the fact that the application is free and it’s only marginal for them - and that’s how it affects me. In 2024, it’s completely unacceptable). Mel Cloud is part of their delivery and the fact that it is free is purely their business model. I paid for HVAC including WiFi modules that allow remote control and it is part of their delivery.

I appreciate that someone here gives instructions to solve the problem, but that should be solved by MITSUBISHI, not here to spend hours of time studying how it can be solved without a functional MelCloud service.

Every serious company, such as a bank or a mobile operator, will publish when they expect the service to be restored again. We don’t know anything from MITSU at all.

3 Likes

THANKS worked great

1 Like

Sunday morning here in Italy and still no resolution from Mitsubishi.

Has anyone tried the workaround with a TP-Link Deco mesh router system? Just wondering if it is possible.

For those who are running Adguard: just add the following and it will work again

3 Likes

Still not working in Sweden. No information from Mitsubishi at all.

Thank you! Everything works.)

In Portugal, it’s not working yet. I have a remote-controlled company with equipment connected via Wi-Fi and the Melcould app. It’s unacceptable that the system hasn’t been working for five days! Can anyone help me connect the equipment in another way? I couldn’t understand the explanation in the previous conversations. Thank you

1 Like

if you get a raspberry pi or another way to run a dns service like pi-hole you can easily use a dns work around. the problem is that deco itself does not have a dns server function it’s only a client.

Completely agree. That they haven’t resolved it after 3 days is one thing, but their failure to communicate about it is actually totally unacceptable.

2 Likes

still not working in Serbia😒

The dns thing gets HA hooked back up to Melcloud (changes reflect both ways) and get’s rid of Melcloud’s error BUT the pumps doesn’t react to changes at all for me.