MELCLOUD not working?

Really, you don’t understand where I got the idea from?

Taken out of context. Are you a journalist or a MITSUBISHI employee?

We have the same problem. I’ve been trying to figure out what the problem might be.

The fiction is rather that any company that specializes in SW services would not be able to leave the solution unnoticed for several days. Without any specific reaction. The fact that they are working on it is no information, it can also be sent by an automatic machine.

That MelCloud is developed by a subcontractor is traceable information. And other SW solutions from subcontractors are also publicly searchable. So I don’t understand what kind of fiction and the fact that their core is HW, it follows from their company profile, it can also be traced, it’s nothing secret.

How is “not having backup” taken out of context? Is there any context where that sentence does not mean the same?

My point is that you have no clue on why the service is down, exactly like the rest of us. Stating claims about backups not existing is at the current time just hearsay and does not contribute in any way, and only ends up confusing people.

Yes, I am a journalist trying to expose conspiracy theories against Mitsubishi. :stuck_out_tongue:

We won’t deal with words here, the point is that we have the same problem. I want the application to be functional again, and that’s what we all want.

Regarding the backups, I meant that they have a backup of all configurations a few hours back and can go back in time, that’s a normal part of a cloud service. Banks usually do it that way. That’s all I meant. And the banks also have millions of terminals connected and they have to manage to restore it, you know what a hassle it would be if they didn’t work for a few days.

Yes, we don’t know anyone, I agree with that.

The conspiracy theory against MITSUBISHI is an excellent idea :rofl:

2 Likes

Let’s hope it comes back online soon, and if it’s critical to get it up now one can deploy a pihole for example and point the DNS entry to the working ip. :slightly_smiling_face:

I only have a heat pump and MELCloud was working until just before 8pm on the Thursday 18th not the 16th that you suggest

My is heat pump not function since 16.4, and air con since 18.4

Well, all I know is that for me cloud and smart home should not mix. Why talk to some server in the internet to switch on my AC?

A buddy of mine got Daikin ACs and added a “Faikin” ESP32 → works like a charm. He was able to buy it ready to go in for 40 euros.

There is a similar project for MEL ACs just not as comfortable as Faikin. But I am seriously considering getting the old sodering iron out, build it and be done with the MEL cloud shit show

it s all ok now ? for me ko

As a temporary solution I have added to my DNS
52.215.226.151 production.receiver.melcloud.com
Works without a problem.

Also my 4 units stopped working a few days ago. I’m from Italy.

I don’t know how to setup this IP address thing, I have a Fritzbox router. Can anybody explain?

Cyber attacks have been talked about here before. However, I have now read that precisely on 18/04/2024, Mitsubishi Electric has problems with the vulnerability of their PLC automats and communications modules without patches:

https://www.cisa.gov/news-events/ics-advisories/icsa-21-250-01

Heat pumps and air conditioners can be connected via MOD BUS/RTU via PLC (except for the Wifi modules we have). Maybe it’s related to our problem. Maybe it’s speculation, but you can see that they are struggling with security.

Q2 for new new MEL Commercial … interesting. Are we sure this isn’t simply a symptom of a legal fight between Mitsubishi, at the edge of rolling out its own solution but not 100% ready yet, and the subcontractor about to loose the contract? Maybe the contract was valid until mid April, and they are now negotiating about a delay …

If this is the point, we may have to wait more than in the case of a ransomware attack … and it may explain the unwillingness to communicate about it.

Don’t know if this was shared but another tread lead me the a temporary solution. I have the following settings in my DNS resolver pfsense see screenshot now it is working.

I see that it is already shared :face_with_peeking_eye::face_with_peeking_eye:

Little update on the config pfsense.

1 Like

Still down in Sweden. What about the rest of the world?

Temperature up/down works here now. Powering off or changing modes does not work how ever.

Hi, still down… My Geodan pump does not work after DNS tweak, other ACs do work (with DNS tweak). Geodan is in Holiday mode but that should not be the issue?

Anyone got Geodan to work?

I’m from Sweden using a heat pump in my house and Android app for cloud based control.I have used a variant of the router dns-hack described earlier in the thread but wanted to have easy access via my mobile phone outside from home as well.

As a temporary solution I installed simple dns plus(14-days trial) on my 15 years old win 7 laptop(only consuming 30 watts :slightly_smiling_face:) in my home-lan, created a dns zone with one entry = production.receiver.melcloud.com 52.49.107.93. Configured heat pump wifi module using static ip-address, dns1=laptop ip-address, dns2=lan router ip-address.

For the Android app: No dns-hack,current public ip-addresses are used for production.receiver.melcloud.com

Everything has worked fine, both via wifi and mobile connection since Saturday including melcloud schedule events.

Edit: Just realized my dns record is dynamically updated to 52.215.226.151, still working though.

1 Like

Good morning all!

Still not functioning here in Italy.

:triumph:

1 Like

Good morning from Greece,
Same issues on a/c units since 18/4.