Meraki stopped working after .101 upgrade

After the .101 upgrade meraki stopped working after the upgrade to .101. If the api_password does not work anymore how can we use the Token Authentication or even trusted networks.

Yup, Iā€™m in the same boat. Looks like it may need to re-developed, since the Meraki scanning analytics only pushes the data out with the option to add authentication via POST.

However, the component/integration should probably be reworked to utilize the new Cisco Meraki Dashboard API ā€“ as this would be requested from a client from the other direction instead.

Hey all - so is it the case that even with the ā€˜legacy_api_passwordā€™ support enabled, the Meraki presence integration wonā€™t work?

Iā€™ve got a brand new install and after some research I came to the conclusion that I should enable the legacy API password. It works for logins from my phone, but the URL just returns ā€˜unauthorisedā€™. Thoughts?

TIA

Any updates from anyone? Iā€™ve got a Meraki setup as well and appear to be stuck at the same thing as Greedo999. Iā€™ve followed all the instructions but canā€™t get passed the ā€œFailed to validate with status code: 401, error message: Unauthorizedā€ error when I try to Validate from the Meraki end.
Thanks

Still same issue. Looks like the interface needs to be updated.

Same here, follow the guidelines in the doc to integrate the Maraki betwork to HA but get a 401 when try to validate and an entry in the log saying something like ip x.x.x.x tried to authenticate or something, so we have connectivity end to end

Any Update on this?

not from my end. I have not been able to look at it in a while.

Is there an update on this??

I have not been able to find one. Still not working.

You can see here how we got around the issue.

Good luck

I know this thread is somewhat old at this point, but I have a PR open for fixing this problem. I donā€™t want to make any promises yet - given that Iā€™m not sure the approach is something the core devs will agree with but we shall see.

Iā€™m also looking at updating the integration to support the new v3 of the Scanning API that is in beta at the moment.

Full disclosure: I work at Meraki and am tinkering with this integration in my spare time. The usual words are mine and not my employers disclaimer applies.

4 Likes

Thank you Jonas!

how are things progressing?

looking forward to getting this going again. Thank you,

1 Like

Been looking around if there was a fix for api_password or at least using the long lived tokens. Followed the Meraki integration as well and constantly getting 401 Unauthorized.

Looks like no further development on this integration?

I am getting this error when I test the POST URL from within my Meraki dashboard:

Login attempt or request with invalid authentication from sxxx.meraki.com (IP) (Apache-HttpClient/4.5.4 (Java/1.8.0_171))

Have any of you see this before?

Having the same issue. Any luck

I went down the road of webhooks, but facing scale issues in terms of ā€œmonitoring clients connecting to the networkā€ and getting BLE for proximity.