Mercedes Me Component

Hi, sorry for the late response. I was on a business trip in asia. In what region do you live? Do you have a Mercedes ME adaptor or car integrated?

Looks like they have disabled/problems with the latestTrip also. It is not delivered in the api response anymore.

Car integrated.

Hi, I have no good news for the mercedes me component. Mercedes has changed the API interface completely and I’m not sure if I could solve this. MB is working on a new API for App-developers but also this API is in demo mode only.

Sorry to say, but it looks like an end at least for next couple of months.

Hi,

It is actually working for me when I tried now. Did a reboot of hass and it gives me data.

Even if they do a new API. I guess they wont ditch the old API until new is up and rolled on all clients (ios etc)…

Maybe this post from @touliloup can be helpful.

1 Like

Thank you, I saw this. The API is experimental with demo cars only. I asked the dev-team for a time plan but got no response.

they are using the new api in their app, but an external access is not possible. the old one is accessible but the data is not refreshed.

Hi, I’m playing with the new experimental API from Mercedes. Currently, only Demo-Cars are available.

• New OAuth --> works
  • Getting car details --> works

I hope Mercedes will publish a Beta release with real cars soon.

Great news! I’m still having hopes, I’m keeping my “Invalid config: mercedesme” in my HA dashboard :slight_smile:

Would be great to see possibility to turn car heater on. Their original app was loosing log on info at beginning , then it was impossible to log on at all. Guy at the garage suggested to uninstall app and use web interface instead. But it just that it takes 45 seconds until I get to the right place to start heater and then 2-5 attempts to turn it on with 10-15 sec waiting time between each. So annoying, since I do that every morning (live in Norway). I wish I could just tap one button and let the rest to be handled by home assistant (Turn on / check status: if not then turn on again…)

Great work, any progress on the US side?

Hi @ReneNulschDE

1. Get your car

To use most endpoints of the Connected Vehicle Experimental API, you need the vehicle id (car id). Basically there are two different ways to get it: 

from the virtual car simulator
    using the /vehicles endpoint of the Connected Vehicle API

using the /vehicles endpoint of the Connected Vehicle API I guess this is for existing cars and not simulator

When I read here:

What do you think?

Hi,

tested this: It works only with the simulator cars. I’ve send the MB dev team an email with bugs, suggestions and asked for a timeline.

If you would like test with a simulator car, please check https://github.com/ReneNulschDE/HA_CC_MercedesME_Beta

I’ve Integrated the new API

• Doors
  • Locks (status only)
You have to register an App in the MB Dev Portal and then follow the setup in the HASS Frontend.

I don’t see any options in the new api to start the heater. I’ve asked the MB dev team about there plans.

I’ve no info if the new API will support US cars. Currently the values are all in “Kilometer” and not “Miles”.

It’s been awhile and I’ve got my new Mercedes. And I wounder if there are any news about the API?

Regards Peter

No news currently, the last statement from the MB-Devs was that they have internal discussions with the legal and product teams.

Just got my new Mercedes. Any progress with the API and HA?

No news. The MB API is still not available.