Mercedes Me Component

Ronin,

Where is that view from?

System Health, --> Configuration, Info

1 Like

ineed :slight_smile: System Health, --> Configuration, Info

1 Like

Can we put this into into an entity so I can display it on my lovelace page within the Car tab? Would be good to see it (knowing all is ok)

Yes. Both values are in metric.

Rene,

As Iā€™m digging more into this I noticed there is no longer a ā€œremote startā€ switch. Not an issue as we have the service. What would be nice is a binary sensor that reflects the state. In my json file I can see the following data as available. Could this be defined as a binary sensor?

"remoteStartActive": {
            "timestamp": "1594171829",
            "bool_value": false,
            "timestamp_in_ms": "1594171829000",
            "service_ids": [
            ]
          },

So I think I answered my own question. For the fun of it I added the following into the const.py and it is valid.

"remoteStartActive": ["Remote Start Active",
                               None,
                               "binarysensors",
                               "remoteStartActive",
                               "value",
                               None,
                               None],

Niceā€¦ perhaps this can get added into the code once time is available.
Thanks

Rene,

In regards to the units of measure, it looks like the imperial data is available in the json.

Assuming the other regions have the same available ā€œdisplay_valueā€ couldnā€™t you map to that and eliminate the km to m conversion? As opposed to the int_value or double_value.

"averageSpeedStart": {
            "timestamp": "1610903854",
            "double_value": 61.5,
            "timestamp_in_ms": "1610903854000",
            "display_value": "38",
            "speed_unit": "M_PER_HOUR",
            ]
          },

"rangeliquid": {
            "timestamp": "1610903847",
            "int_value": "438",
            "timestamp_in_ms": "1610903847000",
            "display_value": "272",
            "distance_unit": "MILES",
            ]
          },

"odo": {
            "timestamp": "1610903811",
            "int_value": "19031",
            "timestamp_in_ms": "1610903811000",
           "display_value": "11825",
            "distance_unit": "MILES",
            ]
          },

Hi,

how do you access the json data?

Once the car is start using the service call; is there an object that lets us know if the car is current on/running, on/running with key or off (like the old API used to tell us)

Thanks,

If there is I donā€™t see one. The ā€œremoteStartActiveā€ binary I referenced above should be what is needed but Iā€™m not sure. Iā€™m just smart enough to be dangerous.

When I added the code to the custom component it created the binary sensor and it reflected a change in state when I remote started the vehicle. But when I stopped the vehicle the state didnā€™t change so I probably only captured a fraction of what needs to be in the code.

See post #611 above. I think the line number might be different. Maybe 45 or 46

You learn fast :slight_smile: Only few days until I get the first PR from you. :+1:

You have to add the remoteStartActive the the binary sensor block in the car.py too.

car.py is the API structure
const.py is the sensor structure

search in the client.py for WRITE_DEBUG_OUTPUT = False and set it to True. should be line 47 currently

I might just get brave enough.

1 Like

this is good! Iā€™ll test this later this week.

does this still work for you? I keep getting template errors?

Logger: homeassistant.components.template.template_entity
Source: components/template/template_entity.py:71 
Integration: template (documentation, issues) 
First occurred: 21:47:01 (4 occurrences) 
Last logged: 21:47:01

TemplateError('UndefinedError: 'mappingproxy object' has no attribute 'tirepressureRearLeft'') while processing template 'Template("{{ (states.binary_sensor.g_646_lz_tire_warning.attributes.tirepressureRearLeft / 100) | round(1) }}")' for attribute '_state' in entity 'sensor.car_tire_pressure_rear_left'
TemplateError('UndefinedError: 'mappingproxy object' has no attribute 'tirepressureRearRight'') while processing template 'Template("{{ (states.binary_sensor.g_646_lz_tire_warning.attributes.tirepressureRearRight / 100) | round(1) }}")' for attribute '_state' in entity 'sensor.car_tire_pressure_rear_right'
TemplateError('UndefinedError: 'mappingproxy object' has no attribute 'tirepressureFrontLeft'') while processing template 'Template("{{ (states.binary_sensor.g_646_lz_tire_warning.attributes.tirepressureFrontLeft / 100) | round(1) }}")' for attribute '_state' in entity 'sensor.car_tire_pressure_front_left'
TemplateError('UndefinedError: 'mappingproxy object' has no attribute 'tirepressureFrontRight'') while processing template 'Template("{{ (states.binary_sensor.g_646_lz_tire_warning.attributes.tirepressureFrontRight / 100) | round(1) }}")' for attribute '_state' in entity ā€˜sensor.car_tire_pressure_front_rightā€™

Logger: homeassistant.helpers.event
Source: helpers/template.py:355 
First occurred: 21:47:01 (4 occurrences) 
Last logged: 21:47:01

Error while processing template: Template("{{ (states.binary_sensor.g_646_lz_tire_warning.attributes.tirepressureRearLeft / 100) | round(1) }}")
Error while processing template: Template("{{ (states.binary_sensor.g_646_lz_tire_warning.attributes.tirepressureRearRight / 100) | round(1) }}")
Error while processing template: Template("{{ (states.binary_sensor.g_646_lz_tire_warning.attributes.tirepressureFrontLeft / 100) | round(1) }}")
Error while processing template: Template("{{ (states.binary_sensor.g_646_lz_tire_warning.attributes.tirepressureFrontRight / 100) | round(1) }}")
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/template.py", line 353, in async_render
    render_result = compiled.render(kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 1090, in render
    self.environment.handle_exception()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 832, in handle_exception
    reraise(*rewrite_traceback_stack(source=source))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/jinja2/_compat.py", line 28, in reraise
    raise value.with_traceback(tb)
  File "<template>", line 1, in top-level template code
jinja2.exceptions.UndefinedError: 'mappingproxy object' has no attribute 'tirepressureRearLeft'

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/template.py", line 462, in async_render_to_info
    render_info._result = self.async_render(variables, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/template.py", line 355, in async_render
    raise TemplateError(err) from err
homeassistant.exceptions.TemplateError: UndefinedError: 'mappingproxy object' has no attribute 'tirepressureRearLeft'

Are there sensors for the below?

- Reserve Tank (is this [binary_sensor.VIN_liquid_range_critical])?
- Tire Warning (used to be: binary_sensor.VIN_tire_warning', 'tireWarningRollup)
- Engine Hood Status (open or closed): (used to be: sensor.VIN_lock', 'engineHoodClosed)

Thank you,

Iā€™ve had this randomly. It may be that you restarted during a partial update? Mine eventually updates and clears.