Mercedes Me Component

Hi @ReneNulschDE

I just stumbled across this and have successfully added it and will test for you. I am in the UK if that helps. So far so good and after using the links above I get all the sensors.

I am going to set up a few automations for the device tracker, window open etc and will let you know how I get on.

Thanks for the component !

:+1:

1 Like

Hi @ReneNulschDE !

Got it to work with the updated links.

Now I’m gonna make a trip/ODO counter to excel/sheets. I need to keep track of how long I have traveled with the car for work.

2 Likes

Update:

New Sensor:

+ liquidconsumptionstart
+ liquidconsumptionreset

Looks like the window status information are not updated currently. My API-result shows the latest update 3 days ago.

1 Like

Does this component work and if so how should it be configured. I looked at the docs but it says it’s discontinued.
https://www.home-assistant.io/components/mercedesme/

but this conversation seems to suggest it’s working again, is that correct?

Yes the official component has been removed, but @ReneNulschDE has been working behind the scenes to get this out in beta.

Works really well so far too!

That’s really great news THANKS @ReneNulschDE

1 Like

Hi

Last couple of weeks I’ve used the app without any problem, however a couple of days ago HA cannot connect. I’ve entered the link above and got the response:

Dear Visitor,

We regret that the "Mercedes me connect Web App" is no longer available. You are welcome to use our services via the "Mercedes me Portal" or by means of the "Mercedes me App". You can access the Mercedes me Portal via the following [link](https://me.secure.mercedes-benz.com/). There you will also find an App Store link to the Mercedes me App."

The error I get on HA:

2019-01-13 17:06:30 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] mbwebbeta: Error on device update!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 248, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 349, in async_device_update
    await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(self.update)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/home/pi/.homeassistant/custom_components/sensor/mbwebbeta.py", line 63, in update

However, when i enter this link (https://app.secure.mercedes-benz.com/backend/users/identity) ont he browser, I’m able to see the JSON with my car configuration.

Are you aware of any change again on their side?

Tks!

My bad! On updating to latest version, forgot do update one of the files.

Tks!

1 Like

Hi,

I’ve just tried this component and it works really great. Thank you for your work!

Is it possible to add heating support in the future? I would love to start heating from home assistant.
Also does the device tracker work good? I don’t have the Monitoring package from Mercedes but it’s not so expensive so I am thinking about getting that.

1 Like

Hi,
thanks for the good feedback. I can’t answer the heating question. There was/is an API available but my car does not support the heating function and therefore it’s hard to develop/test.

The device tracker works very well for me. Normally you get an update every 2-5 minutes. Before you buy the package: Please keep in mind, I use an unofficial api in this component and MB disabled my last two versions (findings) very fast (1-2 months).

@plantoschka, just to give you an ideia: I’ve disabled my previous device tracker and now I’m only running on this! Fast update! Works great!

Wow. This really works well! Thank you for youre ongoing effort to keep it alive. Is it possible to add sensors door status closed/open and tank level in kilometers instead of percentage? Hopefully it’s available in the API.

Update v.0.1.5
New sensors:

• doorstatusfrontleft
  • doorstatusfrontright
  • doorstatusrearleft
  • doorstatusrearright
  • doorlockstatusfrontleft
  • doorlockstatusfrontright
  • doorlockstatusrearleft
  • doorlockstatusrearright
  • doorlockstatusdecklid
  • doorlockstatusgas
  • doorlockstatusvehicle

Thank you for your feedback. I’ve added the door sensors and a liquidrange sensor.

Update v.0.1.7
New sensor:

• rangeliquid

Nice that you give this fast a response and a solution! Great work there.

3 Likes

Thank actually looks very promising, thank you for the hard work! :slight_smile:
Are there any plans to show the current EV-range for hybrid models? I’d like to support this development, however we didn’t get our Mercedes Hybrid yet.

Is the API capable of remote unlock and lock?

Automation to track monthly mileage. You can also use this for daily mileage

• alias: Monthly Mileage
    trigger:
    platform: time
    at: ‘00:00:00’
    condition:
    - condition: template
    # Change the number here to get whatever day of the month you want.
    value_template: “{{ now().day == 1 }}”
    action:
    service: input_number.set_value
    data_template:
    entity_id: input_number.monthly_mileage
    value: “{{ states.sensor.odometer.state }}”
1 Like