Meross MS605 Owners Thread

I just got my delivery of four of these. I didn’t realize I’d be one of the first ones to have them. Surprised to find no posts in the forum yet.

This is how they show up in home assistant.


Only Occupancy (2) triggers for me.

I want it to be as fast as the Hue Motion it’s replacing so I put it in PIR with Radar Assist thinking it would use the PIR to fire off the initial occupancy detection. But even in that mode it has a noticeable delay.

By “noticeable delay” I mean long enough that someone who is new to the bathroom would walk in and reach for the light switch before the lights turn on.

I’m hopeful Meross will make the PIR and Radar sensors separate entities inside HA. This way we could trigger initial motion however we want.

Agree, the device does what it says on the tin but the delay makes it ‘less usable’.
(and yes, the device is using the latest firmware which changes the firmware from 'prerelease to 9.0)

I just got one to try because Thread finally works great for me after the 1.4 update and because it’s cheap. I noticed a lot of complaints but figure I could just return it if I was having issues too. But honestly it has been working great for me. At least my use case. I have it in a small bedroom and it’s maintaining presence in a 3-4 meter range which is all I need it for. The issue about illuminance has been fixed. Before it would only update every 5 minutes but I set it to 2.

As for the flaws, yep it’s definitely slow to detect. That doesn’t matter to me because in every room where I want instant response I also have an Aqara motion sensor in addition to a presence sensor. In my testing the Meross is always 2 seconds behind the Aqara. So definitely far too slow. For comparison I have 2 other mmWave’s with PIR, Switchbot and Athom. The Switchbot is BT and also takes 2 seconds. The Athom is WiFi and is basically instant though.

Another thing is that it doesn’t work like how I thought it would. I thought longer range zones would not detect unless I was at that distance, but they do. For example I put it in the bathroom right next to the entryway. When I walked in, every zone would go off. And when I walked to the end of the room, then the short range zone would finally clear.

Other than that I also think it’s ugly as hell lol. By far the ugliest of all my presence sensors, and I have 7 different kinds. But overall I’m pretty happy with it so far. It maintains presence, has an illuminance sensor which I find useful, and it actually clears detection in the time I set it at unlike half of my other presence sensors which are inconsistent and may take several minutes(or 5-10) to clear despite setting them at 15-30 seconds lol.

Agree on all accounts. I stop using it.