Messed up Plex configuration, now I can't figure out how to start over

I just started with HASS this week. My system auto discovered Plex. I found my token and entered it, but I didn’t put “true” in the secure connection field. It processed and then went away, but I can’t find Plex as an entity and it isn’t in my config file. I can’t figure out where I can add the missing info or start over.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

It creates a plex.conf file in your config directory. You can open it in a text editor and manually change it.

Thanks. I was able to use the configurator add on to make the changes. I confirmed the IP address and token and set the SSL settings both to false with no luck. I also tried true and that didn’t work either.

I also tried entering the following entry in the config file to see if that would help (copied from the Plex component page).

# Example configuration.yaml entry
media_player:
  - platform: plex
    entity_namespace: 'plex'
    include_non_clients: true
    scan_interval: 5
    show_all_controls: false
    use_custom_entity_ids: true
    use_episode_art: true
    remove_unavailable_clients: true
    client_remove_interval: 600

Is there somepace to view the startup logs to check for errors? I found some logs, but no mention of Plex at all.

To view the logs in the Developer tools section click the far right icon, the i in the circle. That will should have the info your looking for. Also there is a Load Full Home Assistant Log button at the bottom of this screen.

Thanks, I was starting to notice all kinds of strange behaviors with my system. Plex wasn’t working properly, map wasn’t showing the correct location even after updating lat/long, units were mixed between F and C on the weather. Ring quit working. I finally decided that since I didn’t have much time invested yet, so I just did a clean install. Now everything seems to be working correctly. I have Plex, Ring, Dark Sky, Z Wave, etc. all working as they should. Ran it over night and everything is still functioning with no errors.

Hopefully now that I have a better understanding of changing the configuration and reading the logs I can make some more progress on my system.