Mi Band 3/Amazfit BIP Integration [Updated 10/01/2019]

Hi everyone,

I just bought a Xiaomi Mi Band 3 and was disappointed to find out that there was no support for this product in HA yet. I have been looking at all available options and have come up with a fairly crude and cobbled together way of getting data from the band into HA but its working.

There is a bit involved as you will need to use the following in order to get it to work.

Notify & Fitness App
Google Fit Custom Component
Tasker with MQTT Plugin

I have uploaded the entire project Here with instructions on how to get up and running.

Please let me know if there is anything you would like to know or were unable to understand and I’ll do my best to update the repo. I have uploaded the lovelace config in my repo just scroll all the way to the bottom, I will add it directly to the package when I get a bit more time.

** Update @Rodolfo_Vieira has confirmed this configuration will also work with Amazfit BIP **

15 Likes

Well done! Looks like one heck of a hack but end product looks nice. Unfortunately I only have iOS so can’t use tasker :frowning:

2 Likes

Great to see this, looks like Mi Band & Tools won’t work with this. Didn’t know it provided even more data to tasker :slight_smile:

@dshokouhi I’d be happy to look at mi band & tools to see if I can pull them same data out.

1 Like

@dshokouhi It doesn’t appear that Mi Band Tools can listen to intent from the Mi Band so it will not integrate with Tasker I’m afraid or sync with Google Fit either. Thats $5 I won’t get back :wink: I’m happy for anyone else that might be more familiar with this app to weigh in.

I do not have my band 3 to test, but some group developer could use the project below to integrate directly into mqtt.

2 Likes

hi @jimpower great job, do you know if it works, with watch amazfit BIP?

@Marcos_Felipe Thanks for the link this could help turn into a proper component which will help open up for those poor IOS users out there @BrendanMoran.

@Rodolfo_Vieira I know you can get the notify & fitness app for use with the amazfit BIP. If you have that app installed could you help me to find the intents received to use.

@jimpower i bought the amazfit bip, i waiting for it, not arrive yeat. when arrives, off course i help you…

1 Like

I will look into it - python code for mi band was updated in 2016 so not too hopeful that it will still work.

No and I did notice that devs were having trouble compiling the OS X code.

1 Like

Very very nice, thanks a lot for sharing!

1 Like

Thanks, was looking for this! Great stuff.

Could you share the background lovelace image ( google_fit_1.png)?

EDIT: Nevermind found it here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have found a way do dynamically calculate BMI. No need to hardcode it :slight_smile:
You already have all the data that’s needed, height and weight.

The sensor I’ve made:

sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      bmi_freakshock:
        friendly_name: "BMI Freakshock"
        value_template: "{{ ((states.sensor.weight.state | float) / (((states.sensor.height.state) | float /100)*((states.sensor.height.state) | float /100))) | round(1)}}"
2 Likes

@freakshock thanks you beat me to it I haven’t added this to the docs yet but literally added this to my config yesterday. Thanks for reminding me to add to repo.

It seems you have also customized the sensor icons in customize.yaml? Could you add that too, in case it’s not on your to do list yet :wink: ?

@freakshock I use icons from Font Awesome you can access through this custom component will add to repo also

1 Like

@jimpower hello again, my amazfit bib arrives today, i am trying to follow your tutorial, but i cant do this step:
"You will need to restart HA, upon restart you will be prompted to authorize "

the authorize not show me…
any input?

@Rodolfo_Vieira Can you reboot again, and once it starts up look at your logs and tell me what google_fit component says?

Thanks, for the meantime I used these material icons.
For BMI and body fat there are not really good ones, ah well :wink:

sensor.heartrate:
  icon: mdi:heart-pulse
sensor.weight:
  icon: mdi:scale-bathroom
sensor.bmi:
  icon: mdi:finance
sensor.body_fat:
  icon: mdi:cupcake
1 Like