Mi flora: battery drain... why don't retrive data like the app do?

Hi,
I integrated 3 Mi Flora devices but even polling data every 2h cause a huge battery drain and in 1 month the battery goes from 100% to 20%. I updated to last version of the firmware.
Is this a normal behavior?
If it is so, is it possible to get data like the application do? The application gets all the data from the device starting from the last syncronization, so it is possible to get all the collected data by synchronizing once or twice a day. You don’t have instant value of data but you can preserve the battery.

On a side note: The existing ESPHome integration is passively listening to data from these devices and allegedly does not impact on battery life. I’ve just ordered some of these devices, so cannot tell from my own experience yet.

Read the whole topic. There are some good pointers later on.

This for example is actually false. Despite what the documentation says. I argued the same thing and was proven wrong.

waking up this thread :slight_smile:
i’m looking for a way to actively retrieve data from the sensors, instead of relying on the fixe polling interval.
because I want to save Battery, I am polling every 12 hours - this seems to me more then enough (plants are usually not very fast :-)).
however, I have an automation that turn on a green RBG lamp in case one of my plants need watering. the trigger for this is someone entering the house through the front door. if one of the plants need watering, then I want to poll the data every time someone open the door, and then when someone finally water the plants, I will detect it the next time the door is open.
I just moved over to home assistant from Domoticz, where I had this working great using a lua script. but the home assistant integration does not support active reading - so I’m stuck.
any way to implement a “read values from Mi Flora” service?