Mi Smart Pedestal Fan

Hi,

I have recently purchased one of these Mi Smart Pedestal Fans (see below) and whilst it works great the native app is horrible. I have not been able to find any information about adding this to HA of if its even possible yet. Can anyone point me in the right direction or if not I am willing to help someone smarter then me be the testing subject to get it added.

https://www.gearbest.com/living-appliances/pp_391577.html

1 Like

looks like it may be supported soon? home assistant uses this library but not all devices are supported in it yet.

@syssi would be a good person to ask about this also.

I would like to implement a component for the Xiaomi Smart Fan if you provide some testing.

1 Like

Just let me know what you would like I’m happy to help

1 Like

I will prepare a first draft as a custom component. Just copy this component into the custom_component directory of your HA instance.

The first task: Could you provide screenshots of the most important features (Mi Home App)?

Please give it a try: https://github.com/syssi/xiaomi_fan/

Any other screen shots required?

How is the fan speed controlled? What are the possible values/settings of the LED? What is the upper limit (maximum value) of the timer?

Led is as per screen shot

One button controls Fan speed is controlled 1-4 speed settings cycled through.

The second controls 2 wind type setting natural and straight wind.

1 Like

the max setting for timer is 8 hrs

When I tried the custom component i get the following error

Fixed. Please update the component and try again. :slight_smile:

Ok device added successfully,

here is the component states

Turning the device on/off works as expected, trying to use the “speed_list” doesn’t seem to work. Tried calling it from the fan>set_speed service

tried this

maybe I’m calling the service incorrectly, I’m ok with using a numeric value to control the speed of the fan, as I can select the level manually on the fan and see what its value is in the states section.

notice in your screenshot how the example says “low” for the speed? try that or medium or high too.

Edit: or even a number like 1-4 as you mentioned there were 4 speed options :slight_smile:

I have the air purifier so my speeds are set by the actual name

Have tried both options to no avail

Nevermind figured out just a typo

For those interested json string should look as follows

At the first screenshot: Please click on the label of the fan instead toggling the switch. Could you make a screenshot of this view? It will provide a dropdown to select the fan speed.

I ended up making my own with input select