Mi Smart Pedestal Fan

That is what I would do as well. But if you turn off the socket, it is still draining the battery isn`t it? That is why I am concerned about the standby power consumption.

Any change you could measure the standby power consumption?

Certainly Iā€™ll set it up over the weekend and let you know.

If the device is on mains power in standby it stays connected to wifi and if on battery it turns off wifi this may save on standby power consumed. Iā€™ll test for 24hours on both for you.

Iā€™ve fixed this issue.

I keep getting this errorā€¦

2018-06-05 22:59:58 ERROR (SyncWorker_9) [miio.fan] Count (17) of requested properties does not match the count (16) of received values.
2018-06-05 23:00:29 ERROR (SyncWorker_19) [miio.fan] Count (17) of requested properties does not match the count (16) of received values.
2018-06-05 23:01:00 ERROR (SyncWorker_6) [miio.fan] Count (17) of requested properties does not match the count (16) of received values.
2018-06-05 23:01:31 ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [miio.fan] Count (17) of requested properties does not match the count (16) of received values.
2018-06-05 23:02:02 ERROR (SyncWorker_13) [miio.fan] Count (17) of requested properties does not match the count (16) of received values.
2018-06-05 23:02:33 ERROR (SyncWorker_19) [miio.fan] Count (17) of requested properties does not match the count (16) of received values.
2018-06-05 23:03:04 ERROR (SyncWorker_18) [miio.fan] Count (17) of requested properties does not match the count (16) of received values.

Did you have a chance to check the power consumption? I an eager to get some insights on this.

I did but my data is corrupted as it was also monitoring the vacuum and mop. I have unplugged everything and just the fan is connected to the gpo so I can monitor its standby plugged in. Iā€™m not sure how I can monitor power consumption on battery in standby as the wifi turns off and I lose connection.

Please ignore the error.

I would assume if the fan is in standby on battery for a long period (maybe > 12 hours), that is will draw more current while using it, since it will have to recharge the battery. But if the standby power consumption is really low in battery mode, this will be hard to measure.

Ok with the fan disconnected from power for 24hrs in standby mode I reconnected it to power for 4 hrs it consumed 8W.

I know have it on full power on the battery so I can run the battery right down I will reconnect it to power in standby with battery run down so we can see what difference is whilst charging on standby.

Test with battery drained and needing to be charged whilst in standby mode consumed 39W, I will stipulate test was in the same control as the one before with power being applied to both for a 4 hour period. The first power was off for 20 hours so battery drain was only in the standby mode and the second I ran the fan for around 6 hrs on full noise first.

Mmh, Iā€™m getting nowhere with this custom component. I put the .py fil in /config/custom_components/fan.
My yaml reads:

fan:
  - platform: xiaomi_miio
    host: !secret fan_ip
    token: !secret fan_token
  - platform: xiaomi_miio_fan
    name: Xiaomi Smart Fan
    token: !secret fan_token

Iā€™ve alsor tried with this, as shown on GitHub:

fan:
  - platform: smart_mi_fan
    name: "livingroomfan"
    token: !secret fan_key

I read on GitHub about upgrading the python-miio. Is this necessary when using 0.71? How is this done?

this is my config,

fan:
## Playroom Fan
  - platform: xiaomi_miio_fan
    name: Xiaomi Smart Fan
    host: 10.0.100.1
    token: !secret xiaomifantoken

just read your last line Iā€™m on 0.69.1

1 Like

Thanks & all you did was to add the xiaomi_miio_fan.py in the custom_components/fan folder, right?

correct, you should then after a reboot see a fan.xiaomi_smart_fan in your states section

1 Like

Thanks for that. I tried to use the same settings and commented out my purifier, but still no luck. Iā€™m wondering if thatā€™s an issue with python_miio.py not being up to date, but not sure how to update to 0.40ā€¦ Maybe @syssi can chime in?
For info: I updated python-miio to 0.40. Still no luck. I run hass in a docker container on a synology.

In short: python-miio will be part of 0.72 and is required for the custom component.

1 Like

OK, great. Thanks for chiming in. I downgraded to 70.1 and this is now working! @syssi: do let me know if some functions still need testingā€¦

Why did you downgrade HA? Could you describe your setup? I would be happy about some feedback about the different features of the component. Are there service calls which doesnā€™t work? Could you provide some feedback on this: https://github.com/syssi/xiaomi_fan/issues/9

I downgraded HA as v.71 broke my custom ui again and I spent too much time on my config today to bother fixing it. v.70.1 works fine with the fan. python-miio was upgraded manually to 0.40. Running HA in a docker container on a Synology NAS. I will have a look at the issues on GitHub as soon as I have a minute. Thanks a lot for spending time on this!

1 Like

Thanks for conducting these measurements. However, I canā€™t follow all measures. Whats your guess of the standby consumption per hour based on your experiments?

If someone does not like the standby consumption, would it be an option to shutoff the power while not having the battery installed?