MiBoxer WL-Box1 with (local) Tuya

This is a shameless copy of @aleksey_z his write up so all credits go to him.
I just wanted to give his discovery a dedicated topic since it might help others and is easier to find like this.
Since I have no screenshots I’m using his. In case someone else can make them with an English interface that would be helpful.
Any suggestions, corrections and additions are also very welcome.

I don't think this step essential

First, I added the gateway WL-Box1 to the MiBoxer app. Then I linked the FUT043 led controller to the virtual remote control FUT089 (zone 1) in the MiBoxer app. It all works.

Put gateway MiBoxer WL-Box1 in pairing mode (red light flashes).
Go to Tuya app and add lighting (LED Strips, WiFi).

Adding MiBoxer WL-Box1 in Tuya Smart App

Follow the on screen instructions and it will find a 2.4G gateway.
Now the gateway (MiBoxer WL-Box1) is added to the Tuya Smart app.

MiBoxer WL-Box1 in Tuya Smart App

Now I can switch and change the color of one zone. But I can not switch Scenes???

Control MiBoxer WL-Box1 gateway in Tuya Smart App

I have Tuya local integration availeble in HA (from this: Tuya LOCAL with energy monitoring and without tuya-convert and localtuya: https://github.com/rospogrigio/localtuya ), and I can switch and change the mode, brightness, color of one zone. But I can not switch Scenes.

Hey @Nick4, i also got the WL-Box1 and the On/Off functionality already works. But I cannot change the brightness or the color temperature of my lights, do you have a hint for me?
Thanks for your help.

Hi, what kind of button did you use because the best thing that I can come up with is that you have the wrong button. (I could be wrong)
If you go to devices or entities you can control it with all it’s features.

Hi @Nick4

Any idea if its possible to get Multiple Zones working with Google Voice Assistant using the Tuya Smart App?

(I assume Smart Things App will also find the WL-Box1 & allow for HA integration?..)

Thanks!
DAN.

Hi @BE4RE, sorry don’t know.

This WL-Box1 was kind of a test and I keep away as much as possible of Tuya/cloud devices.

hello, you are not alone. I’m struggling with your same problem. I’m using wl-box1, fut035s and fut007 controller

I don’t know if this is entirely a problem with Tuya.
By installing the MIBOXER SMART application on your smartphone (android), you can also pair the WL-BOX1 bridge and create a scene or automation, but only in one global WL-BOX1 scene