Microphone icon in Assist missing

I no longer have a microphone icon in Assist on my Android mobile phone
and can not use voice commands any more,
It was there in the first releases of 2023-1 or 2.
Don’t know companion app version of that time.
Has it been intentionally removed, and did I miss that change?

Regards,

Same here. Latest, on Pixel 6 Pro, chrome latest.

I think you need a Speech to text engine configured for the voice assistant in HA to show the microphone icon

I think it has something to do with HTTPS but I don’t think you can get this to work local system see:
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/connecting-to-ha-locally-using-https

Did you try my recommendation?

Maybe you can try to open a bug report. If it is a bug it will help others
Issues · home-assistant/android · GitHub

Follow @dshokouhi 's recommendation :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

we will still ask you to follow my recommendation :wink:

1 Like

Re-installed whisper and now the mic is there but I only can use the English language changing it to nl and creating new assist says “no language available”
afbeelding

i think thats a separate known issue try to check github for existing issues

Are you referring at: Voice Assistant : Only one language (e.g. English) is listed in the Configuration language drop-down · Issue #92655 · home-assistant/core · GitHub ?
But that is on iOS.

and what would your advice be? if a user has a need, don’t just say do this. it means that if he asks it’s because he has already tried many ways. therefore I believe that the answer must be clear and aimed at helping with the steps to follow. sorry but I often find conversations where in the end they don’t solve the problem

actually no a lot of users come to threads and dont read any of the responses and skip them over just to comment they have the same issue, without a mention of what was tried. Happens to me multiple times a day :wink:

1 Like

It’s possible that software updates or changes might have affected the microphone icon in Assist.

To get a clear answer, you might want to check the release notes or contact support for your Android mobile app to see if the removal was intentional.

On another note, if you ever find yourself in need of microphone recommendations, especially for unique purposes like ASMR recording, you can explore asmrmicrophones.com. They offer insights and suggestions on various microphone setups. I hope you can get your voice commands back soon!