Midea A/C and ESPHome component - list of all known working models and manufacturers

I can confirm my 2021 models work as well. Same Model ID

1 Like

Manufacturer: Midea
Model: MSAFA-09HRN1
Year: 2020
Market: UA
Link

Manufacturer: Idea
Model: ISR-12HR-MA0-DN1
Link

Manufacturer: Midea
Model: Forest DC AF-12N1C2-I
Year: 2019
Link

Manufacturer: Neoclima
Model: NS/NU-07AHEw
Link

Manufacturer: Neoclima
Model: NS/NU-09AHEw
Link

1 Like

As you were kind enough to provide links to the manufacturer websites, I took the liberty and changed your first entry from “Idea” to “Midea”. Just as FYI in case you want to change it in your post as well. :slight_smile:

Thanks for reporting! :slight_smile:

yes, made missprint. thanks for point out, corrected in my post.

1 Like

Manufacturer: Galactic
Model: GKZ09HM-S
Link

1 Like

Manufacturer: Qzen
Model: ZE-12WSE
Market: HR

1 Like

Manifacturer: Ariston
Model: Nevis
Market: IT

Confirmed Working with Ariston’s Wifi dongle.

2 Likes

I have to ask, what is “Aristons WIfi dongle”? Is that a manufacturer dongle running the ESPHome firmware?

No it’s the manifacturer dongle running its own firmware, working with Mac-Zhou integration. If this list was only for the ESP, then I’m sorry, I misunderstood and I’ll delete my posts

Not a problem at all. :slight_smile: Yes, this list is only for the ESPHome custom_component to run without a manufacturer dongle (= own ESP board).

We just wanted to show, how many A/Cs are usable without a manufacturer dongle, to make it easier for people to select an A/C that is usable with HA before buying. :slight_smile:

PS: Just leave your posts, doesn’t matter, I’ll just take your device off the list and all is good. :slight_smile:

in case you still search for a way to control toshiba devices - this may have you covered: GitHub - h4de5/home-assistant-toshiba_ac: Toshiba AC integration into home-assistant.io

1 Like

Manufacturer: Olmo
Model: OSH-12FR9
Year: 2021
Link

2 Likes

Manufacturer: Royal Clima
Model: RCI-TN29HN
Year: 2021
Market: RU
Link

2 Likes

Could you give a little more information on how you did this? I have a MrCool and it has the weird USB connector. I purchased a dongle from @sergge but I think I need to create something similar to yours. Where did you get the USB connector from? Did you have to modify it?

Did you check this thread?

We all started there, me including, some more info provided there. If you need something more, please reply in there, we can shed more light on it.

Thanks, I did check that thread and posted in there, I’m still not sure what options I have. I’m not that technical with soldering and all that, I also don’t want to mess the unit up, so I’m looking for a solution which I can add the dongle without affecting the MrCool unit.

I updated my original post with more photos and new yaml code, as there was an update to the ESPHome component in the meantime. It is all external, no modifications to the AC unit, but you need posses some soldering and electronics skill in order to create what I did. There might be some other solutions available to you if you look around. Don’t know how to help more…

1 Like

Thank you, I will take a look, appreciate it!

Manufacturer: Pioneer
Model: WS012GMFI22HLD-16 wall unit.
Market: US

ALSO:

Manufacturer: Pioneer
Model: RB012GMFILDFHD-16 ducted unit.
Market: US
This unit does NOT have the USB-style port however you can add the “Smart Kit” from Pioneer for it which does. That kit’s $99 but includes the OSK-103 stick so you could sell that to recover a bit. Or find a less expensive way to purchase. I tried to map the 4-pin port the “Smart Kit” connects to but am insufficiently skilled for that.

Looking good with both of these. These have the USB-style receptacle with the raised edges. I used @VitalyZ’s board design and a dremel to adapt the male USB plug to fit the port. Awesome!

Edited to add Market and Year info as well as 2nd ducted unit.

2 Likes

I’ve been messing with this esphome setup for a couple days now. I have read up on how to get my midea ac units integrated, and I have them working. But I need to be able to control the led lights on the display. I know I don’t need to do anything to control them on the iot dongle. But how do I add the custom comfiguration. I read the documentation regarding this, but it’s vague and unhelpful. Everyone assumes you just know where and how to add this stuff to the configuration yaml and they give you an “example” to go by. But do I need to rename anything or what? I’ve tried adding the example verbatim but it’s no use. I don’t need all the extra garbage in the example either just the switch to turn off the led.