Midea AC LAN: Auto-discover and configure your Midea appliances via LAN

It’s supports many types of appliances like air-conditioners, washers, water-heaters, cookers and many more.

It can be found here:

5 Likes

Thanks - I used that and was able to get my Midea saddle-mount AC window unit model MAW08V1QWT working.

With all of the topics about these and ESPHome, it was hard to find any details about the initial setup as well as exactly what those other discussions are about.

I had to use the Midea app to connect and set the wifi API up, I couldn’t tell what IP address it connected to let alone what was sent. I tried to connect manually via my phone and browser, just connect to the AC’s app and use the password 12345678 but I got no working host to reply on the few ports I tried (gave my phone IP address 192.168.1.100, I tried to connect to 192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.255 and 192.168.1.254 with no https response).

I had the unit completely disabled from full Internet access including host name lookups - setup that way, the connection failed (I don’t have the exact error) after the device was auto-discovered via this midea_ac_lan integration.

I opened up the network, let it do whatever it wanted for a bit (connects to host module.appsmb.com 3.33.221.184, send it something :frowning: ).

Then shut it back down to any outside network access, and then I was able to use this integration. It showed a bunch of filled in fields and once I hit submit it just worked. Not sure if any are specific or “secret” in any way to this particular system. I don’t know where it gets all of those from.

The system is still continuously trying to access module.appsmb.com as well as broadcasting to UDP 255.255.255.255.15000, that are all blocked at this point but the integration is working.

I’m still trying to figure out how to access the “extra” fields listed at midea_ac_lan/AC.md at 06fc4b582a012bbbfd6bd5942c92034270eca0eb · georgezhao2010/midea_ac_lan · GitHub - I’d like to see the current temperature and humidity as sensors.

How do I integrate a Lamborghini air conditioning model controlled by the LamborghiniCaloreclimaAc-Split application? The model is in the midea integration list with these parameters
Appliance code Type IP address SN Supported
152832116428100 AC 192.168.0.206 000000P0000000Q1D48457F9AE3A0000 YES

Just wanted to say thank you for this integration. I am using it with a mini-split A/C system and it works well, except that, in my case, the actual temperatures reported are based on the location of the WiFi module and not the thermostat. The various midea apps also have this issue and I think it would affect anyone with a similar mini-split setup.

We have a fairly sizable attic and the wall mounted condenser units didn’t appeal to our tastes, so we went with a ducted system that came with wired thermostats for each unit. The units are mounted in the attic, where temperatures fluctuate widely and do not correspond to room temps. Each WiFi module is wired inline with the thermostat and mounted on the unit in the attic. I am not sure where the module gets the measured temperature from, i.e. I don’t know if it measures it itself and if I mounted them in the room, somehow, this would fix it, or if the units have a temp sensor. In any case, the measured temps shown in the apps and in your HA integration are not the current room temperature.

I do have temp sensors I want to use to “override” the WiFi modules’ reported temps. Any advice on where to start in your code to do that? I know my way around python but haven’t yet looked at your code in detail.

Another huge thanks to @geoz for this.

Quick question - does anyone know if it is possible to get Midea devices online without using the app? It asks for your precise location which I don’t think it really needs…

@helgew I have the same with my midea and other branded mini-splits. I think its better to use a temperature sensor at “human level” because - hot air rises, and cold air falls, and I think the onboard temp sensors on these a/c must be programmed with some algorithm that assumes a standard ceiling height so if your room is unconventionally shaped or open-plan then it doesn’t work well.

Hi I´m using :

rpi3-64

• Core2023.12.3
  • Supervisor2023.12.0
  • Operating System11.2

And got this message after using the website link

“Error
This integration does not support configuration through the user interface. If you followed this Home Assistant website link, make sure you are running the latest version of Home Assistant.”

Have any adia how to install it?

1 Like

Did you find a solution to this? I have the same issue.

Hi @Hendre Yes . But in new Rpi 5 an i used homeassistant-midea-air-appliances-lan from HACS.

Thank you.
I got the aircon going with the “Midea Smart AC” integration.
I must say, my initial impression is extremely positive with this a/c, especially considering the price point. The Wi-Fi interface even reports power and energy use and the unit is particularly quiet. I have 3 (much more expensive) Samsung Windfree a/c’s and for now, the Midea does what the Samsung does and then some. E.g., I could never get 2 of the Samsungs to report their energy usage in Home Assistant.
Time will tell if I feel the same in 3 years’ time.

Hi!
Recently I’m getting following error during initialization:

Error while setting up midea_ac platform for climate
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 364, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.shield(awaitable)
  File "/config/custom_components/midea_ac/climate.py", line 63, in async_setup_entry
    MideaClimateACDevice(hass, coordinator, config_entry.options)
  File "/config/custom_components/midea_ac/climate.py", line 141, in __init__
    self._hvac_modes = [_OPERATIONAL_MODE_TO_HVAC_MODE[m]
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^
KeyError: <OperationalMode.SMART_DRY: 6>