Midea AC Lan - Cannot Login!

I am trying to add the various integrations that support the Midea Cube dehumidifiers and they all require that I provide my account and password to login to the Midea cloud.

I downloaded and installed the NEW Midea “SmartHome” app for my iPhone and created an account and password. I logged out of the account and logged back in to make sure I have the correct email address and password and they work.

I start the integration installation and it finds the humidifier.

It the requires me to provide my account and password and to choose from a list what Media app / location I am logging into / using.

The new “SmartHome” is NOT on the list, so I picked first the “MSmartHome” and it fails to login. I tried ALL the options and they fail to login.

Thus, the integrations fails to install fully…

I believe the issue is that this integration has not yet been updated to support Midea’s new “SmartHome” app. They no longer have the “MSmartHome” app.

Anyone successfully add the Midea Cube dehumidifier without having to provide a cloud account?

1 Like

Same thing happening to me. Let me know if you’ve found a fix! Thanks :slight_smile:

Try adding it through NetHomePlus instead. Create a NetHomePlus account and import the dehumidifier.

1 Like