Midea branded AC’s with ESPhome (no cloud)

What did you end up doing here? I am in the exact same boat (dongle from Sergey), and also have the notched side on the dongle I’m replacing

Some A/C’s also have a 4 pin header plug, possible to use that one with a female usb plug with screw connections?
imageimage

That’s still a no go with older models where the wifi board is actually a separate thing.

Hi there, to tell the truth I continued to use the AC with the old Midea integration. I’ve purchased some DIY usb plugs, but didn’t have the time to finish the project.

Thanks, do you know if that old Midea integration works with MrCool units? Do you have a link to the integration you’re using?

This one (you can find it within HACS): GitHub - mac-zhou/midea-ac-py: This is a custom component for Home Assistant to integrate the Midea Ai

If MrCool is a Midea clone, then I’m pretty sure it will work with your unit. Give it a try.

is there a way to change temperature from C to F?

Are you running this integration already, or asking for future reference? I was using the original dongles and had F already. Yaml configuration left with C units, but everything works on F…

Is this of use?
Example: Converting Celsius to Fahrenheit

I didn’t do any of this, and have F:

# Main settings
climate:
  - platform: midea_ac
    name: "Living Room AC"
    visual:
      min_temperature: 17 °C
      max_temperature: 30 °C
      temperature_step: 1 °C
    beeper: false
    swing_horizontal: true
    swing_both: true
    outdoor_temperature:
      name: "Outside Temp"
    power_usage:
      name: "Power"
    humidity_setpoint:
      name: "Hum"

As far as I know, the A/C internally works with °C, but this gets automatically converted by HA, if °F is configured. :slight_smile:

Would make sense, that all ESPHome data is changed acoording to the settings. :slight_smile: But looking around, I’m not sure that “making sense” is one of the strongest suits in these weird times. :smiley:

are you sure I could contact Sergey Dudanov although I’m not using uni-dongle or open-dongle but some other ESP8266 module?

the telegram group is not only about Sergey’s dongle, but it is a group trying to reverse engineer the midea protocol in general.
They wil be happy to help, but it will require some work for your side…f.e. try some stuff and provide logs…

1 Like

but that telegram link Telegram: Contact @dudanov

seems to bring you to telegram Dudanov’s personal account

nor to a development group. Are you sure it’s right?
I’m sorry to bother you, but I’m a bit confused :confused: :smiley:

my bad…wrong link (also corrected the link in 1st topic, thanks!!)
Midea-msmart telegram group

I was convinced that midea-msmart (fork of midea-ac-py ) it’s a attemp to communicate locally via Midea’s EU/US-OSK103 :woman_facepalming:
thank you, LOL

The github repository under that name might be just that, but the telegram group is just about reverse engineering the protocol :nerd_face:

This confusing name inconsistency IT’S SADISTIC, LOL :smiley:

1 Like

I would done that, but because you posted a screenshot from the smartphone UI I don’t found correspondent form/field on the webUI and I’m a bit confused. Can you routing me? :smiley:

If @Dudanov told you to install that repository, what you’re doing is correct. :slight_smile:

ESPHome is an AddOn, HACS is for custom_components. The picture you posted is from the AddOn and it is the correct way to install other versions from ESPHome. :slight_smile: