Midea branded AC’s with ESPhome (no cloud)

The ID on the top right matches “16022000003662” but it’s slightly different.

CN2 and CN3 use different pinouts CN2 starts with VCC and CN3 starts with GND so there is a difference. According to the fact that the IR remote doesn’t work if its disconnected I guess I have an older version.

The newer ones probably have an embedded controller.

Thanks! You mentioned that you might be able to source the components directly from the vendor.

Do you think it’s possible to get one of these USB boards separately?

or

Would be worth a try I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

Since “wifi module” is mentioned on the wiring diagram I think it could actually work.

2 Likes

Hi, this device was recently mounted in our home and it does not want to cooperate.

I replaced the dongle with an ESP-01S connected through a voltage converter and logic level shifter to the board. I see RX responses sometimes, but timeouts are always reported and the HA entity is not updating/controlling anything. Did they change protocol on newer devices? Or do I have to register in the cloud first to activate the interface?

No need for cloud.

I too am currently working on a 2nd AC with osk-105, but i’m not finished yet…

I’ve seen some issues reported on Telegram, but they vague reports.

My 1st AC is an Olimpia Splendid Nexya 9 with osk103, the new one an Olimpia Splendid Nexya
10 with OSK105.
What is you brand/type AC @rp3tya ?

Will get back to you when i have more info, maybe one or two weeks (don’t have much time, sorry):thinking:

Midea air conditioner, internal unit is MA2-18NXD0-I (Midea MA2-18NXD0-I inverter air conditioner | Midea wall-mounted air conditioners | Midea air conditioning systems | Midea.bg) and came with an SK105 dongle.

This is the first airco I’m trying to link to HA, otherwise I have some experience with ESPHome. Not much time I can dedicate to tinkering nowadays, but let me know if I can contribute…

You could join Telegram (this is where support from devs is a available)
You could post this log page there

Hello Guys,

I have a Midea MKG-V250B “fan coil” unit and I’m wondering if it is able to controlled with the ESP based wifi unit. It doesn’t have a USB connector, but the same colored 5 wire cable that is used for the USB PCB from a previous post.
How can I check it (without purchasing the USB PCB)?

For those who are talking about using modbus for midea’s heatpump. I am currently a student of electrical engineering and for my final project i’m working on making a controller for midea’s heatpump.
It’s currently still in development but i can obtain almost all information from it and even set a desired mode, change temperatures etc. I currently cannot release whole project as it’s kinda property of my university but will try to get an agreement to release it when i finnish it. So basicly if anyone needs any information i might be able to help. Modbus connects to control unit (lcd display), they added screw in terminals for that… and it can be used with cheap MAX485 module from aliexpress xy-017.

https://shop.systemair.com/upload/assets/OPERATION_MANUAL_EN_20210407_153552287.PDF?f39b69c9 this was a big help as manual i got with heatpump did not include MODBUS mapping table and not even where to connect it. I have the same unit as this this one is branded as systemair but some of the mapping table is the same

3 Likes

@aceindy I’ve got universal-iot-dongle up and working - bought via Tindie, my unit is KMTI-48N8-A3 this is 14 kW Midea duct channel unit and I’ve got wall remote control with follow me - KJR-29B but follow me often goes off, so I’m trying to utlilize home assistant and iot-dongle to provide temperature.

Above is my ceiling wifi unit that came with midea - currently dongle is plugged there and all works fine but I lack follow me option - can you advise if REC1 next to USB female connector is the iR I’m looking for and I need to connect that REC1 signal line to iR - pad on dongle?

hello guys. thanks for the guides, I got my AC working with esphome and homeasistant , but I want to know if there is a way for the ac to remember the settings and not turn on at eco mode with fan in auto everytime.
Can I do that in any part of the esphome code?
thanks I really appreciatte the help

As far as I can see the REC1 next to USB female connector is the iR you’re looking for, that is, i can’t see any other iR components🤔.
So yes, you need to connect that REC1 signal line to iR - pad on dongle!

Only the pin layout might be a bit of a puzzle…

PS, i don’t have the iot dongle, and not using the follow-me function either, so this is all the help i can give on this subject

That is not normal behavior to me, my ac turns on at the same setting it turned off…

I think i’ve seen someone reported something similar, but this was related to the unit using an OSK105 wifi dongle instead of the OSK103.
Devs are looking into what exactly changed with OSk105 (if anything changed at all…)

Cheers, another try is to use iR transmitter - just bought 850 nm and I think I’ll solder to pads - I can easily move this whole unit with dongle to attic where HVAC sits and it has iR receiver on side so this is solution also. I need follow me as often unit thinks that it’s already at set temp while it’s still hot in rooms as it measures temp on this big unit in the attic… :-/

this is the code I am using, everytime I turn it on is on auto mode.

climate:
  - platform: midea
    id: my_climate
    name: Living room Air conditioner
    period: 1s
    num_attempts: 3
    timeout: 2s
    beeper: false
    autoconf: true
    visual:
      min_temperature: 17 °C
      max_temperature: 30 °C
      temperature_step: 0.5 °C

supported_modes:
      - FAN_ONLY                
      - HEAT_COOL
      - COOL
      - HEAT
      - DRY
    custom_fan_modes:
      - SILENT
      - TURBO
    supported_presets:
      - ECO
      - BOOST
      - SLEEP

supported_swing_modes:
      - VERTICAL

outdoor_temperature:
      name: Temp_outdoor

@aceindy I have a MAW08V1QWT with a US-SK105 I could use to provide more logs if needed.

I never connected it, but I am waiting on esp parts from china, so I could hook it up in the meantime.

Please join on telegram :wink:

1 Like

Hello,

Just finished something based on that. it works for me. I have a Zephir AC which is in fact using a Midea motherboard.
Bunicutz/ESP32_Midea_RS485 (github.com)

2 Likes

Do you have any more information about this?
Which AC (split or miniVRF)? Connection via RS485 at the XYE port?

I am looking for a solution for my Kaysun MiniVRF (Midea OEM), there is XYE port on each indoor unit and also on outdoor unit (for central control, IDU-ODU are connected via the PQE ports)

1 Like

I need this information too.
i have a vrf MI2-22T2DN1 MIDEA , and the communication is two wires X1X2 to the wired control.
can i use any esphome ??

Am I missing something or can the target temperature not be changed by automation in HA?

I have my unit set up as an ESPhome appliance and I am able to change the temperature though a climate card no problem.

However, I cannot find the right automation settings to change the temperature.

When in the action part of the automation, I pick action type Device and then midea and only get HVAC Mode or Preset.

If I change to action type Condition, I select Entity Midea Climate and then attribute temperature, then set the state to the target temperature. When I run the action, the target temperature doesn’t change.

I can go into the developer settings and change the temperature state that way and it work.

I thought this would be easier lol