Midea branded AC’s with ESPhome (no cloud)

yeah hopefuly since its technicaly owned by university when i finish my diploma i’ll ask for permission:P

Oh okay sorry. well it looks similar but withou at least model name or smth like that i cant tell for sure @arizagol what is CN2 used for currently? and the chip in bottom left corner 8 pin one im pretty sure this is for rs485 as there are also TVS diodes close to it but my controller has 2 one for communication with hydraulic unit and other one for communication with external modbus devices

but im pretty sure you could come up with something because it has large pad for an wifi module xd… sure there must be at least serial TX and RX pins Could you provide us model number

Hi jakob,

I’m an installer of the midea heatpump systems maybie i can help you furder with some information about the midea heatpump systems and his parameters. Send me an message and we keel in touch.

1 Like

I have a Daizuki mini-split which I believe is made by Midea. The unit came with a wireless dongle but I want to avoid cloud connectivity and talk to it directly. I was able to remove the wireless dongle and determined it is a TYWE1S using UART1 through level shifters to communicate back to the main board. The part number on the outside of this is 32001-000140 which is the same part as used on the Pioneer WYT/WT models.

I was able to reflash the chip with esphome and verified that the TX/RX lines are using GPIO 15/13. However, I don’t seem to actually be able to get it to communicate with the main board. In esphome I am just seeing GET_STATUS requests being transmitted but nothing being received.

Any ideas on further troubleshooting?

So far i’ve only heard about osk-103 and osk-105 wifi dongles. If i google it in combination with Daizuki, i don’t find much.
Also the combination Daizuki and Midea doesn’t give manu hits either…
Are you sure it’s a Midea branded AC?

And what app does it use?

The TYWE1S is the actual chip, not the dongle model. TYWE1S is an ESP8266 style chip made by Tuya and used in many IoT devices. I have edited my post to clarify that the WiFi unit part number is 32001-000140 which is the same part as used on the Pioneer WYT/WT models.

There is very little information about the Daizuki units overall. I’m not absolutely sure that it’s Midea but it seems very likely. If someone has a way to verify that please let me know as I am happy to check main board part numbers, etc.

The directions say Smart Life but I never installed, activated, or used it.

The only thing that comes to mind is swap GPIO 15/13
Haven’t heard of ‘directions’ either, so I’m afraid i can’t be of much further help…
Maybe anyone else?

I’ve similar Daizuki DXTC12X426-20 the same unit and also wondering if I could tasmotize or ESPhome it to control it with HomeAssistant.

I have a Mitsui mtxi12hp24. What’s currently the best solution for local control via Home Assistant? In particular regarding the dongle.

One concern is that I don’t want a random user to be able to easily tamper with the module. If there’s no case, it just looks horrible.

Someone created a 3d printed case, but I’d like to just buy a complete package. I can do 30 minutes of assembly, but I really prefer not to, because such projects can suck up time for all kinds of reasons including supply chain risk.

There’s a guy in Ukraine which developed a module that can be inserted in the USB port. Is that different? I don’t think the Ukrainian product has a case either.

A solution where a random user can see a PCB generally would lead to questions, so I want to avoid that.

Thanks a lot everyone for the non-trivial effort you have done so far.

1 Like

Hello,
maybe someone has already tried it. How to replace the current temperature? So the AC (midea / rotenso) is reading temperature from the unit integrated sensor - but readings sometimes are so bad that I need a way to override them.

Please, help

You could use the ‘follow-me’ function for that?

Yes and no.
After power cycle I would need to click this on remote every single time. I would rather have some permanent solution.

So I ordered the Midea dongle from Tindie. My AC doesn’t have the USB port so does anyone know if the dongle comes with the cable (4pin to USB)?

If not, can I buy it from somewhere?

@mouth4war according Midea A/C and ESPHome component - list of all known working models and manufacturers - #67 by tedted22 the USB wifi adapter - SLWF-01pro also seems to work.

Yeah it looks the same as what I got. My AC doesn’t have that USB to PCB cable/connector. Do these dongles ship with the cable or assume you already have it in your AC?

Edit: is it called usb2header cable?

Edit2: re/read this thread. It’s called female usb to jst apparently.

@mouth4war Just use a dupont cable kit :wink:
i used that for my 2nd a/c as well as my pellet stove :wink:

Fits on (almost) everything :smiley:

1 Like

Will this wifi dongle work?

The one that is linked to in the first post is no longer available and dudanov seems to be missing.

that’s what i said right??
it is literally 3 posts above :thinking:

1 Like

Oh snap. I read the entire thread and missed like the 10 last posts…sorry! :joy:

And it is even cheaper in the link posted by @tedted22 :wink: