Midea_dehumi Custom Component (Midea/Inventor Invmate EVA II PRO WiFi dehumidifier)

Then, (and sorry to say that) I can’t help at the moment. Maybe if someone who’s a developer can fix this, or when the time comes when I’ve learned enough, we can fix it. For the time, you’ll have to stay on one

New addition to component:
tank_show is now an attribute for the climate!
It won’t show up on lovelace card, but you can get its state for automations or to put a sensor on lovelace and check if water is full or not!
Template is like this:

{{ states.climate.midea_dehumi_ΧΧΧΧΧΧΧΧ.attributes.tank_show }}

Where multiple X is the ID of your device.

Reminder that the new and current repository is here!

This is great work!! Was really hoping that someone would be able to pick up where @barban left off.

I can also confirm that the humidity sensor is working. I still have to set up a card for turning on/off the dehumidifier and testing the modes.

Was also checking out the tank_show attribute. Running the template on HA returns a value of ‘False’, so I would assume this means the tank is empty? And it becomes ‘True’ once the tank is full?

I have been getting the following error. It seems to happen every few hours. Just so you know

2020-01-08 14:00:47 ERROR (MainThread) [root] MideaClient::send_api_request: errorCode=3106, errorMessage="invalidSession"
2020-01-08 14:00:47 ERROR (MainThread) [root] MideaClient: trying to login again due to invalidSession error...
2020-01-08 16:02:46 ERROR (MainThread) [root] MideaClient::send_api_request: errorCode=3106, errorMessage="invalidSession"
2020-01-08 16:02:46 ERROR (MainThread) [root] MideaClient: trying to login again due to invalidSession error...
2020-01-08 18:05:46 ERROR (MainThread) [root] MideaClient::send_api_request: errorCode=3106, errorMessage="invalidSession"
2020-01-08 18:05:46 ERROR (MainThread) [root] MideaClient: trying to login again due to invalidSession error...

Exactly. Since it’s a boolean, it only returns true or false. So it’s setup to return true when it’s full. Keep in mind that there’s a somewhat big delay for the component to get the state of it. Don’t know why or how, but I’ve managed to live with it. I use it to only notify me when I’m not home when it’s full, since I will hear the beep when I’m home!
The other problem I’ve also noticed, but that’s too advanced for me to check and not break the whole component and/or library!

Hi all,
thanks for your interest on this project.
I am ongoing to try to come back to it and make it compatible with the current release of HA.
Thinking to use lovelance cards instead of climate-component to fully support features offered by the device.

I hope to have news abt that in a resonable period of time.
BR

7 Likes

Most exciting news I’ve heard in weeks :slight_smile: Glad to have you back !!

Yay! That’s great news! Hope to see your original module come to life again!

Hello, i’m very excited to see that! If there is any way i can help you with testing let me know!
I know very little about programming, But i can install and give you some logs.
Im running HA Core in a docker on Unraid.

The current component throws some warnings in logs but probably you already know them

Detected I/O inside the event loop. This is causing stability issues. Please report issue to the custom component author for midea_dehumi doing I/O at custom_components/midea_dehumi/__init__.py, line 72: res = client.login()
Detected I/O inside the event loop. This is causing stability issues. Please report issue to the custom component author for midea_dehumi doing I/O at custom_components/midea_dehumi/__init__.py, line 81: appliances = client.listAppliances()
Detected I/O inside the event loop. This is causing stability issues. Please report issue to the custom component author for midea_dehumi doing I/O at custom_components/midea_dehumi/climate.py, line 145: res = self._client.get_device_status(self._device['id'])

These should be showing up now because of the 0.109 update

1 Like

I believe on .110 it broke again, or I didn’t upgrade properly. Did anyone try it on latest version?

I have tried to contact Inventor on their FB page as well as via email in order to get their interest on officially supporting this integration.
If anyone else is interested in an official integration, it would be nice to show them that there is an active community that seeks this feature.

Their response on their FB page was ok, for start.

Dear Μr XXX, Thank you for the information that you shared with us. We will communicate your request and let you know once there is an update on the matter. We remain at your disposal for anything further required.

And for all those who are interested in Google Home Assistant Integration with their app, here is their answer on my first communication with them (they were talking about Google Home Assistant and not Home Assistant).

Dear Mr. XXX, Thank you for the communication and your preference in inventor products. Concerning your question, we would like to inform you that inventor application is not compatible with Google Home Assistant at the present time. However, we are currently working on the new versions which will soon be available. We will keep you posted once there is an update concerning the application. We remain at your disposal.

I would suggest for a private message on their FB page in order to show them that there is a demand for a Home Assistant integration.

1 Like

Dear friends, I am glad to inform you that I completely rewritten the custom component in order to let it work on Home Assistant version 0.96.0 or newer. The code is now based on (de)humidificator platform. You can find the new github repo here..
Please also note that the component was reported to be able to work also with Comfee MDDP-50DEN7 appliance.
Best Regards

2 Likes

Hey @barban,

I have an Inventor Passion Eco AC and I tried your component but it did not work for me. If you need me as a tester for this device, let me know since I am more than willing to help you (myself as well hahaha).

Ohhhh Myyyy GoD thank you. Legend
Works Perfect

1 Like

I installed everything (manually) i can see the entities, but i cant find where i paste that code to see the card.
I pasted on configuration.yaml but nothings happened

input_select:
  dehumidifier_fan_mode:
    name: "Fan Mode"
    options:
      - Silent
      - Medium
      - High
    icon: "mdi:animation-outline"
  dehumidifier_modes:
    name: "Modes"
    options:
      - Target_humidity
      - Continuos
      - Smart
      - Dryer
    icon: "mdi:animation-outline"

sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      midea_current_humidity:
        friendly_name: "midea_current_humidity"
        value_template: "{{ state_attr('humidifier.midea_dehumidifier_12345678901234', 'current_humidity') }}"
        unit_of_measurement: "%"
      midea_target_humidity:
        friendly_name: "midea_target_humidity"
        value_template: "{{ state_attr('humidifier.midea_dehumidifier_12345678901234', 'humidity') }}"
        unit_of_measurement: "%"

Is that your first entry under sensor and input_select? If you’ve e.g. made a seperate sensor.yaml file it would have to go there? Is your config passing without errors?

1 Like

No its working but i dont have user friendly card to switch of i must enter to card to switch off isnt buttons on the first card.
Look my card:
Screenshot 2020-09-21 214714 Screenshot 2020-09-21 214757

Anyone tried the custom component with Inventor Atmosphere XL AT-IONUV-20L ? It seems that it uses a newer app called “Inventor Control”. I’m between EVA II Pro and this one, but i love my HASSio and i want everything interconnected :stuck_out_tongue: