Midea_dehumi Custom Component (Midea/Inventor Invmate EVA II PRO WiFi dehumidifier)

Hello community friends,
I’m excited to share with you all a new custom component that allows controlling EVA II PRO WI-FI Dehumidifier by Invmate Midea/Inventor.

First discussion on this WiFi dehumidifier device on this forum board can be found here and here

The custom component is based on the midea_inventor_dehumidifier python library that I implemented to control this device, available in my git-hub repo here:

The custom component implements within HA the new ‘midea_dehumi’ platform that creates these two new entities:

• climate.midea_dehumi_[Device_ID]
  • sensor.midea_dehumi_[Device_ID]_humidity

By means of the climate entity, you can control your appliance whereas the sensor reports the detected current humidity of your environment. By means of this two entities, you can also define in your HA configuration an history graph over time of the current humidity vs target one.

If you own this device, refer to the repo’s README and follow the reported steps in order to activate the midea_dehumi platform in your HA installation.

Comments, suggestions and bug reporting from owners of this device are welcome.

Screenshots:

screenshot3 screenshot5 screenshot6 screenshot7

8 Likes

This is amazing ! Thank you so much !
Just tried and works as described!

Great!
I just realized that there is an issue on the sensor update, indeed.
Check the fix on the last commit:

Ah yes, the sensor did not show the correct values, the last commit fixed that issue.

Thaxn alot :smiley: !

Thank for your feed back.

Apart the value from the sensor, you can get target and current humidity values directly from the climate entity and have a nice graph as follows (modify midea_dehumi_XXXXX with your device’s ID):

sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      template_current_humidity:
        friendly_name: "template_current_humidity"
        value_template: "{{ state_attr('climate.midea_dehumi_XXXXXX', 'current_humidity') }}"
        unit_of_measurement: "%"
      template_target_humidity:
        friendly_name: "template_target_humidity"
        value_template: "{{ state_attr('climate.midea_dehumi_XXXXXX', 'humidity') }}"
        unit_of_measurement: "%"

history_graph:
  gr1:
    name: humidity_hist
    entities:
       - sensor.template_current_humidity
       - sensor.template_target_humidity
    hours_to_show: 24
    refresh: 60
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of colorlog==3.1.4
Testing configuration at /config
Failed config
  General Errors: 
    - Component not found: midea_dehumi
Successful config (partial)

Thank you for this also, but i seem to get an error :confused:

Have you changed XXXX on ‘midea_dehumi_XXXXX’ with your ID ?

Yes i have changed it.
I’m trying to it figure it out.

Ok so after deleting and installing the component again, everything works fine!

Hey @barban !
Could please update your custom componet to work with the latest HA version, since the configuration on how to treat custom components has changed and the your component does work not any more.

thank you !

Hi Guys,

Is this custom component still working? I have a Passion Eco that is controlled through its app and it would be great if that can be integrated in HA. Let me know if that is possible.

Is there any chance we can make the components work again?

Such a shame this was abandoned :frowning:

was also looking at this as I have one of these dehumidifiers. No news if there is anything available for the latest HA release is there?

Is there any whey to find similar custom component for my inventor eva 2?

Is this component still working guys?

is there anyway to make this component work again?
Could please update your custom componet to work with the latest HA version,

Could you please update your custom componet to work with the latest HA version?

i have this error:

2019-11-11 11:19:18 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.midea_dehumi] midea_dehumi: starting async_setup
2019-11-11 11:19:18 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component midea_dehumi
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 172, in _async_setup_component
hass, processed_config
File “/config/custom_components/midea_dehumi.py”, line 54, in async_setup
from midea_inventor_lib import MideaClient
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘midea_inventor_lib’

can you help me ?