Midnight Theme

For me the funding button is not necessary. Also it’s not likely I will update the theme as I’m not using Home Assistant anymore.
So if any of you want to take it, improve it, etc… Feel free.

1 Like

Is anyone using this theme with v0.100.x? For somereason my switches are no longer red, they’ve turned blue!

Very odd.

Looks like they have hard coded the switches to use the primary color and you can’t change it.

1 Like

Looks like they are fixing it next release at least.
https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant-polymer/pull/4017

2 Likes

Great info, thanks very much, I was tempted to start fiddling around with the theme but I’m more than happy to wait for next release and hopefully the blue switches will go back to red. :slight_smile:

I’m now running v0.101.0 and it does look different, however it still doesn’t look the same as v0.99.x :frowning:

I’m gonna have to wait till the weekend to roll it up so I can work out the kinks. I’ll let you know if I have any luck for find anything to help with that.

1 Like

I added the following 4 lines to my themes.yaml and the color came back as before for the switch toggle… :slight_smile:

switch-checked-color: "var(--paper-toggle-button-checked-button-color)"
  switch-unchecked-button-color: "var(--paper-toggle-button-unchecked-button-color)"
  switch-unchecked-color: "var(--paper-toggle-button-unchecked-bar-color)"
  switch-unchecked-track-color: "var(--paper-toggle-button-unchecked-bar-color)"

I am using HA version 0.101.1

Have a great day !

Thanks, this seems to be working for me now.

I removed the old theme I was using, pulled the new version (modified 4 days ago) from the github link this thread:

And it all seems to be working now, switches the correct colour and everything. Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice. This one was also my problem :wink:
Thx

I setup of theme, and am generally enjoying it but have found a few bugs. The following pages do not seem to follow the theme properly and have a white background and white fonts, making it impossible to read:

Configuration -> Integrations -> Click on Integration
Configuration -> Devices
Configuration -> Entities
Configuration -> Helpers
Configuration -> Persons -> Card for Person
Configuration -> Lovelace Dashboards

I am running HA 0.107.7. There may be some more spots with the problem that I didn’t dig down to. Unfortunately this makes the theme unusable for me and will switch to another theme. I’m fairly new to HA, but if you need help testing a potential fix, I’d be glad to help.

how to add this theme to android application?

Did the latest update break the sidebar for anyone else? Its just all white :confused:

Same here with the white sidebar, spent an hour last night trying to fix it and ended in frustration no further forward.

if you have HACS, I just installed Darkish. Its a pretty similar theme but much more comprehensive (i.e., no more issues with entities pages being all white). And no sidebar issue. Highly reccomend

I was able to fix my theme but putting this into the the bottom of the code

##Sidebar
  sidebar-background-color: "var(--paper-listbox-background-color)"
  sidebar-icon-color: "rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.70)"
  sidebar-selected-icon-color: "var(--primary-color)"
  sidebar-selected-text-color: "var(--primary-text-color)"
  sidebar-text-color: "var(--primary-text-color)"
  slider-bar-color: "var(--disabled-text-color)"
  slider-color: "var(--primary-color)"
  slider-secondary-color: "var(--light-primary-color)"
4 Likes

Thank you @marcelhoffs for this… love it!

I would like to know how I can have themes from HACS (in config/themes//.yaml) available to use in addition to those I have installed the traditional way (in config/themes.yaml). Currently I can have only one or the other appearing in the HA menu.

Hi guys,
to correct the white data tables on entities lists and such just add this to the theme:

data-table-background-color: "var(--card-background-color)"

I know there is an updated version of Midnight theme on HACS, but for those of you that maybe have it customised to your likings it is sometimes easier to add one line to the existing than updating trough HACS and then editing all of it :slight_smile:

I’m using 0.109.6 and it is working ok.

And additionaly thanks to @Tom_Goetz for the sidebar fix, it worked like a charm :smiley:

1 Like

I had better luck with

data-table-background-color: “var(–primary-background-color)”

I added my themes a long time ago, relatively, and none of them had card-background-color defined. I suppose I could have added another line for card-background color and that would have worked, but either way!

Important note:
If you’re stumbling on this page now, you’ll find that the original yaml code and even many subsequent comments are outdated. Please use the yaml posted on Github for a very nice version that works without modification.

2 Likes