You can edit your userContent.css file and add this to turn off the spinners:

input[type='number'] {
    -moz-appearance:textfield !important;
}

Restart firefox for it to take effect.

1 Like

Thanks! Problem solved.

1 Like

I am trying to incorporate the midnight theme into my instance of HomeAssistant with no success.

A portion of my config file looks like:

customize: !include customize.yaml

# Enables the frontend
frontend:
  themes: !include themes.yaml
    midnight:

# Enables configuration UI
config:

The themes.yaml file looks like:

1 midnight:
  2 # Main colors
  3   primary-color: '#5294E2'                                                        # Header
  4   accent-color: '#E45E65'                                                         # Accent color
  5   dark-primary-color: 'var(--accent-color)'                                       # Hyperlinks
  6   light-primary-color: 'var(--accent-color)'                                      # Horizontal line in about
  8 # Text colors
  9   primary-text-color: '#FFFFFF'                                                   # Primary text colour, here is referencing dark-primary-color
 10   text-primary-color: 'var(--primary-text-color)'                                 # Primary text colour
 11   secondary-text-color: '#5294E2'                                                 # For secondary titles in more info boxes etc.
 12   disabled-text-color: '#7F848E'                                                  # Disabled text colour
 13   label-badge-border-color: 'green'                                               # Label badge border, just a reference value
 15 # Background colors
 16   primary-background-color: '#383C45'                                             # Settings background
 17   secondary-background-color: '#383C45'                                           # Main card UI background
 18   divider-color: 'rgba(0, 0, 0, .12)'                                             # Divider
 20 # Table rows
 21   table-row-background-color: '#353840'                                           # Table row
 22   table-row-alternative-background-color: '#3E424B'                               # Table row alternative
 24 # Nav Menu
 25   paper-listbox-color: 'var(--primary-color)'                                     # Navigation menu selection hoover
 26   paper-listbox-background-color: '#2E333A'                                       # Navigation menu background
 27   paper-grey-50: 'var(--primary-text-color)'
 28   paper-grey-200: '#414A59'                                                       # Navigation menu selection
 30 # Paper card
 31   paper-card-header-color: 'var(--accent-color)'                                  # Card header text colour
 32   paper-card-background-color: '#434954'                                          # Card background colour
 33   paper-dialog-background-color: '#434954'                                        # Card dialog background colour
 34   paper-item-icon-color: 'var(--primary-text-color)'                              # Icon color
 35   paper-item-icon-active-color: '#F9C536'                                         # Icon color active
 36   paper-item-icon_-_color: 'green'
 37   paper-item-selected_-_background-color: '#434954'                               # Popup item select
 38   paper-tabs-selection-bar-color: 'green'
 40 # Labels
 41   label-badge-red: 'var(--accent-color)'                                          # References the brand colour label badge border
 42   label-badge-text-color: 'var(--primary-text-color)'                             # Now same as label badge border but that's a matter of taste
 43   label-badge-background-color: '#2E333A'                                         # Same, but can also be set to transparent here
 45 # Switches
 46   paper-toggle-button-checked-button-color: 'var(--accent-color)'
 47   paper-toggle-button-checked-bar-color: 'var(--accent-color)'
 48   paper-toggle-button-checked-ink-color: 'var(--accent-color)'
 49   paper-toggle-button-unchecked-button-color: 'var(--disabled-text-color)'
 50   paper-toggle-button-unchecked-bar-color: 'var(--disabled-text-color)'
 51   paper-toggle-button-unchecked-ink-color: 'var(--disabled-text-color)'
 53 # Sliders
 54   paper-slider-knob-color: 'var(--accent-color)'
 55   paper-slider-knob-start-color: 'var(--accent-color)'
 56   paper-slider-pin-color: 'var(--accent-color)'

I’m not having much success in getting the theme to work. I have tried removing:
midnight:
from the config file but that doesn’t work either.

Can anyone spot my error?

If you have an include! statement for themes: don’t put the theme under it. This will generate an error.

Do not do this:

frontend:
    midnight:

Do this:

frontend:

But as you have a valid themes file correctly included the theme should be available.

Go to your profile (click on the circle with your user-name initials upper left), select the theme.

IF you want this to be controlled by an automation select “Backend selected” here.

That was my issue. I didn’t go in through the UI to select the theme. I thought it would load the midnight theme on restart.

Thanks for your help!

Just for information, the spinner thing should be fixed in 0.93.

1 Like

Just a small tip: change the sidebar icons to white. Makes it look much better. You can do this by adding

sidebar-icon-color: 'var(--primary-text-color)'

anywhere in the theme. Below is a screenshot (blurred the title as it has my address on it)

How do you change the text colour for the “Reload Core”, “Reload Automation”, etc? Also seems to be used in the Logbook section. Hyperlinks?

It uses primary-color: for that text (i.e. the same as the banner at the top of HA).

Is there a way to change it?

No.

(10 character padding).

How did you change the color of this part of the sidebar? it always stays white in my theme

sidebar-icon-color:   # <---- This one, other related below.
  sidebar-text-color: 
  sidebar-selected-background-color: 
  sidebar-selected-icon-color: 
  sidebar-selected-text-color:

Sorry, I wasn’t specific enough. I meant to ask for the background.
I can set the sidebars background with

paper-listbox-background-color

but the background of this top portion doesn’t change.

That’s controlled by:

primary-background-color:

Hi, I noticed issues with the latest version of ha (0.99.0). There are some new views (unused devices and device registration) that use tables. This theme does not work there.

Do you guys have any solutions?

PS: Thanks for this great theme :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Found it!

Use
card-background-color: 'var(--primary-background-color)'

3 Likes

Thanks, came here just for this.

Is there any interest in putting this up on github so that we can collaborate on updates and keep track of breaking changes like that?

I’m interested :slight_smile: