Miele@home, miele@mobile component

Here you can see what’s supported by the API.

Oh wow that’s great! Looks like Miele might be my best option for Australia and a home assistant dishwasher

But does the plugin support all those functions? Like the fan-speed-adjustment of the ventilator.

I don’t know. I have only two Miele devices that are “Miele WiFi Conn@ct” ready. A washing machine and a tumble dryer. In my current setup HA is only reading the states of these devices.
There’s a service available in HA: ‘miele.action’. But I never used it to set something.

In general I believe the answer to be “no”. You basically get the state of what it’s doing. You can’t get things like energy/water used, percent of the rise aid/salt left. As far as I can see you really can’t control anything.

IMHO even their app is a bit sub-par. It does not honor the phones display settings. I’m in the US and we typically use 12 hour time. The app always shows things in 24 hour time.

I checked the ventilation hood with the integration, it lets you read sensors, turn on the light, but not adjust the fan speed, despite the api now supporting it(?), would it be possible to get this function in the plugin? Is it “allowed” to post a reward for open source software like this?

Hi,
I’m not sure how to use the
“powerOn” feature.
Can you please share some code for this?
According to API documentation should be available:

ACTIONS
processAction
startTime
deviceName
powerOn
powerOff

Thanks.

Hello everybody,
i am trying to connect my washmachine to HomeAssistant and found this solution.
I added the files to the required path and restart home assistant. But how i can add the requests_oauthlib to my home assistant server? The appl. is running into a docker container.

If i try to link my secretID/secretToken to my Miele Account i get following error:

Something went wrong when attempting authenticating with Miele@home. The error encountered was (missing_token) Missing access token parameter.. Please try again!

Edit: Just run pip3 install requests_oauthlib in my Container via shell -> Requirement already satisfied

But where can my problem be now?

I’ve had this working for about a month or so, but today, all of a sudden, I got the error message in the HA logs that the token had expired. So, I generated a new Client ID and Client Secret, and changed to that instead and restarted HA. That had no effect. Read through this thread again, and someone mentioned deleting the .miele-something file in the HA config directory. So I did that, restarted HA, and it asked me to link my Miele account again, which was expected. Now, however, it won’t accept my login. I just get the response “Account linking failed. Please check your account data.” (in german).

I have verified that I am using my correct username and password, and selected my country.

I’ve tried using both my old Client ID/Client Secret and my new ones in HA.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?

Hi all,

I’m facing the same problems.

Running HA version 0.117.5 on Raspbian VenV.

I had the same issue. Per an old post, I just deleted the .miele-token-cache file (in the root folder of HA) and then I was able to re-authenticate.

I just tried again, and I still can’t reauthenticate. I’ve sent an e-mail to [email protected] with how to replicate the problem using https://www.miele.com/developer/swagger-ui/swagger.html but so far I have only gotten an auto reply.

I’m having the same issues as you @ziBBer .
Have you managed to get it running?
Files are added to the path, i get my id and secret in the configuration.yaml file.
But what now? How to add my washing machine int home assistant?
My home assistant is also running in docker.

1 Like

Ok, so there must have been an issue server side on Miele’s part. Annoyed that the developer of this integration closed my ticket based on a misunderstanding, I tried re-authenticating one last time, and for the first time since last week, it worked. I changed absolutely nothing on my side.

I hope Miele’s API and servers remains stable, and that this isn’t a recurring problem.

Some Months ago I configured in HA my dryer/washing machine. And it works…
Now, just for fun/tests I purchased used robot-vacuum cleaner: Scout RX2 Home Vision (MIELE).
Is it possible to configure it with HA?

Hi! Yes if you wish you can try to contribute to my fork. Here I gave some more information on this matter : https://github.com/HomeAssistant-Mods/home-assistant-miele/issues/14

O.K. I’m happy to do that…
But what I should do? As PR requests are closed…

I can’t really do much in the programming front, but if anybody are able to implement this I would be very happy, and to show that i can make a small donation of 15 dollars, for whoever does it.

I have deleted the Miele ‘integration’ and created new…
Now I see following ‘entities’ - see screens.
Looks like 8 are for vacuum-cleaner and 12 for washer-dryer?
Not sure how is that related to this document.
In my case columns 23 and 24.
Is that logic that in case vacuum-cleaner I should see 15 sensors and in case washer-dryer 18 ?

Does anyone know a solution? Unfortunately it doesn’t work for me yet. I have already reinstalled the integration.