MiFlora Sensor Plant Database

Oops sorry to all, completely forgot to update my post due to Corona/Covid19 rampage.

What have I done
I’ve looked into several github forks of this particular card. Some forks were very interesting and therefore I edited those changes back into my own forked card of the original card.

You can find my fork of this card at:

My original post is now also up to date: MiFlora Sensor Plant Database

3 Likes

I can’t add the card. I always get: Error: Custom element not found: flower-card

Guys, please share the file on platform that doesn’t expire. :slightly_smiling_face:
Im looking for it, I can upload to permanent server.

With the latest version, it works!!!

If I wanted to set this up myself, having a nice display of the state of the plant in HASS.

Would this be the correct one to purchase, Im just a little confused with there being new and old versions.
https://www.vegtrug.com/range/grow-care/grow-care-garden/grow-care-garden/

Also Im working on an automated irrigation system, using a regular hose tap to convert the outlet in a four tap outlet. Then a solenoid valve on each one, followed by a water flow meter & into drip irrigation.

Is there a way to set it up that once the moisture readings are below green, it could then active the valve?

Thank you very much!

• Brock

I believe you are looking for this (js+images+lovelace card): https://ufile.io/vkq9w1l4

2 Likes

Yes, but you can get them cheaper. I found mine on banggood for $11.99, search for " Flora 4 In 1 Flower Plant they seem to fluctuate in price a lot.

wow they’re so expensive right now. think I’ve gotten mine for 5 or 6 bucks each at the time

Hoi Remko,

bedankt voor je mooie update!

Unfortunately I am unable to sow the tooltips, any idea what the cause could be?
(I had the “original” ThomasLoven card and just replaced your .js code, maybe I forgot something?)

Graag gedaan! Your welcome!

What I would do in these sort of cases is to use the following tool: WinMerge. See https://winmerge.org/.

With this tool you can see the exact visual difference/delta between two or more files. That is what I have done. After some hacking and pasting I combined the various interesting source codes into my “own” card version.

Do note however I’ve looked at each fork and checked any delta’s/comments/issues. Especially issues is always imho the way to go. It will mostly give you new interesting directions.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I just copied over your entire code and now it works.

How can I use the “limits” in an automation? We are now auto-retrieving the limits from the database while still having to manually enter them in the “plant” sensor.

Any chance of adding to HCAS

1 Like

Screenshot 2020-05-03 at 18.18.50

Any way to display the plant name just a single time, like the picture?

Thanks @rlems, it works like a charm!

The days of xiaomi stuff costing peanuts is long gone :sweat_smile: :joy: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Brocks,

Any success with irrigation system integrated into HASS? I’d like to build similar thing. Would you be able to share your hardware setup details?
Thanks!

Slava

Do you have a small overview what you changed? Just out of curiousity.

@jones Would you mind sending me another link to the data.js file? Much appreciated

Please… If you have persistent storage upload it there. Mega, Google Drive or else. I don’t use any of these services: https://we.tl/t-skoDUoV7ck

That is something that annoys me as well. Not really looked into it yet to be honest.

My idea in the long run with this card was to add:

• Variable notification service for when it is the right time to give the “exact” amount of water, nutrition, etc… based on miscellaneous additional parameters (time of year, humidity, temperature, location, etc., etc…).
  • Holiday notification service + various additional cards. When I’m on a holiday that any of my neighbours, friends, family can take care of my plants as well without guessing what amount and when exactly to give water.
  • Bugs fixes, e.g. the double naming
  • Github issue list
  • HACS integration

For now I’ve postponed it given the pending crises with China and the economic meltdown worldwide. My priorities has shifted quite a bit.