Migrate Bluetti Powerstation Monitoring from MQTT to natively via built in Bluetooth support

Hi,
currently I am monitoring my Bluetti EP500Pro via a Python Script + MQTT Brocker/Client from that Website: Monitoring Bluetti Systems | DIY Solar Power Forum

Because of Hardware/Software Limitations I am currently using 3 different devices:
A Raspberry PI to run the Python Script natively and connect to the Bluetti devices via Bluetooth.
Then I have a newly Test-Setup of HA on an Intel NUC. There I started the add-on “MQTT Broker”.
Then from the past with all my data on it a HA in a docker on a Synology NAS which connects to the MQTT Brocker to receive the different values for AC, DC, Akku percentage.

Since HA supports Bluetooth natively it should be possible to integrate that python script directly into HA without the need for an MQTT Brocker/Client in between. Unfortuantely my programming knowledge is to limited but maybe somebody with more knowledge would give it a try.

4 Likes

I am also interested, perhaps we should vote to see how many users are ?

How can i change my post to make it voteable ?

Any news on this topic?

To add this repo to Home Assitant, navigate to Supervisor > Add-on Store > Repositories and add GitHub - SSMCD/bluetti2mqtt: Home Assistant Add-on for bluetti_mqtt .

Is this your own thing or is it downloadable? Ps, I’m an hour into my first HA setup, and got my AC220MAX working, but want this pretty view, and history graphs later.

Its not my, i only posted the link and its in the post, what to do.

To add this repo to Home Assitant, navigate to Supervisor > Add-on Store > Repositories and add GitHub - SSMCD/bluetti2mqtt: Home Assistant Add-on for bluetti_mqtt

Then add cards like you want for Sensors. F.e.

square: false
columns: 2
type: grid
cards:
  - type: gauge
    entity: sensor.ac200m_power_generation
    entity: sensor.ac200m_total_battery_percent
    severity:
      green: 70
      yellow: 10
      red: 0
    entity: sensor.ac200m_dc_input_voltage1
    entity: sensor.ac200m_dc_input_current1
    severity:
      green: 4
      yellow: 2
      red: 0.01
    min: 0
    max: 6
    entity: sensor.ac200m_dc_input_power
    severity:
      green: 0
      yellow: 0.1
      red: 0.01
    max: 150
    entity: sensor.ac200m_dc_input_power1
    severity:
      green: 0
      yellow: 0.1
      red: 0
    max: 150
    entity: sensor.ac200m_ac_output_power
    entity: sensor.ac200m_dc_output_power

Thank so much!

Do you see any values on sensor.ac200m_power_generation? My AC200Max just reports 0:

Total Power Generation (sensor.ac200m_power_generation)
MQTT discovery data:
Topic: homeassistant/sensor/2246000032299_power_generation/config
Payload
Subscribed topics:
bluetti/state/AC200M-2246000032299/power_generation
10 most recently received message(s)
Received 11:44:54 AM
QoS: 0
Payload: 0
Received 11:45:24 AM
Received 11:45:54 AM
Received 11:46:24 AM
Received 11:46:54 AM
Received 11:47:24 AM
Received 11:47:54 AM
Received 11:48:24 AM
Received 11:48:54 AM
Received 11:49:24 AM

I feel a little dumb but where do you get the MAC address that is needed to configure the integration Bluetti2MQTT ?
I was looking for it in the Bluetti app or in the settings screen directly on the battery and I couldn’t see it.

Use “program mode - discovery” in addon config

If someone wants to try a new integration, I created this one: GitHub - Patrick762/hassio-bluetti-bt: Bluetti Integration for Home Assistant

It should work with all sensors the bluetti_mqtt software uses and works with the HA Bluetooth proxies. If you find a bug, please let me know so I can improve the integration.

2 Likes

Hi,
I am a new user of AC300 with dual solar array. I was wondering how can I add DC2 input Voltage to MQTT range of sensors? Is it Available? Or only for AC300?

Thanks

Trying to install this and keep getting an error of “Repository Patrick762/hassio-bluetti-bt not found”

Ideas or suggestions?

1 Like

Same here

Trying to monitor bluetti ac300 but not luck on home assistant

Hi says repository not found