Migrate from ZwaveJS to Zwavejs2mqtt

I did not have to rename them in HA but they didn’t have names in the zwavejs2mqtt area.

So when i migrate to Zwavejs2mqtt and then check the Device Page for ZWave Integration, all of the entities are marked as offline!

If i delete the ZWave Integration from the Dashboard it will re-apear with all the devices but they have their defautl names eg. “Aeotec Multicolor Bulb 6” instead of “Floor Light”.

I am not sure how HA is suppose to pickup/find its ZWave Entities

Not sure if this is due to the upgrade to 2022.5 core or just a timing thingy ( get all the device awake ) but the entities start to come back to live. Do not delete the ZWaveJS Integration simply disable/uninstall Z-Wave JS and use Zwavejs2mqtt

Aeotec Motion Sensor came to live. Waiting for Water and Smoke Sensors

edit: seems they are not automatically awake? triggering a sensor doesnt help … do i need to do somethign specific? re-interview? Ping doesnt help

edit2: so i have tried everything heal, reinterview, ping, woke up the nodes physically … they just dont populate ( Fibaro Door Sensor was detected ok after waking up the device ) But all my ABUS Siren, Smoke Sensor, Door Locks are not detected … is this a Abus Problem?

Found the Solution:

1.) Note your Security Key from the ZwaveJS Implementation
2.) Stop ZwaveJS and disable startup on boot
3.) Start Zwavejs2mqtt and perform basic setup as well as enter the Security Key
4.) Manually WakeUp all Battery driven Nodes ( Usually 3x press the key on the device ) as its not enough to just trigger a sensor state

2 Likes