Migrating from Google Assistant API

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f739f332510>

Had a rough time upgrading from a prior version of Hassio to the latest version, which has deprecated the Google API for Google Assistant. On upgrade I got an error about the API being deprecated, so I went through the process to add a service key instead and removed the API reference from my configuration.yaml. This didn’t work at all. I ended up deleting the project in the Google console, creating a new one and linking this to my account. At first several devices didn’t work - I could see them in the Google Home app but they wouldn’t turn on / off correctly. Once I renamed the devices in the UI they started working correctly (I think I had renamed them also in the previous project, so something must’ve carried over I’m guessing). Got almost everything working now, thankfully, but was not an easy process. Hopefully this will help any others who have similar issues.