Migrating from RPi3 to RPI4 - ZWave Issues

So I am trying to migrate my system from a raspberry pi 3 to a pi 4 and seem to have an issue with getting z-wave to work. I am using the Home Assistant Operating System and currently on version core-2021.9.6 and using the deprecated Z-Wave integration.

The fist issue I came across is I had to use the new Aeotec Gen5 Plus stick as the current version I have (Gen 5) does not work on the Pi 4. I used Aeotec’s ZStick Gen5 tool to copy the existing Eeprom from the old stick to the new stick.

Once I have the pi 4 up and running with a current backup, zwave starts up and shows all the nodes, but in the logs shows all the nodes as dead and not responding.

Not sure if I missed a step or did something wrong,

Unfortunately, the USB3 ports are not kind to the Zigbee sticks. I tried to get my ConBee II working on my RPi4, but never succeeded. Apparently, there’s too much interference from the USB3 ports, even though the stick was on a 1m+ USB extension cable.
I moved the same stick with the same extension cable to my RPi3 (which is USB2) and encountered no issues whatsoever.
(Worth noting that both my RPis are using a USB-to-SATA bridge, which apparently makes the interference worse.)

So, I think I found the issue. One thing I forgot to mention is that I am booting the Pi4 from a USB SSD and it seems that this is causing the issue with the Aeotec stick. I just booted the Pi4 from a SD card and Z-Wave is working. I guess the SSD is interfering with the Aeotec stick???