Migrating Home Kit devices to new install?

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f7397c70468>

I’m looking to get off my home assistant supervised install on Ubuntu because I’d like to move to a supported platform.

I know that I can export the configuration and then import it again at install time when I am setting up a new system but I’m wondering whether I will have to re-pair all my devices that are setup using the Home Kit controller integration. I had a bit of a hard time getting everything added in that manner and I want to prepare myself if I have to do it all again (it basically means an outage for a day while I make everything right).

So! If I export config and import it into a new install will have I have re-pair homekit? Anyway to make it so that I do have to?

config files and specifically the homekit related files in the storage folder.

Instructions:

So are you saying that everything will move over automatically when I export the snapshot and then import it again? I ask because I know there magic behind the scenes to let all of this pair correctly.

I can’t say for sure. I did it once, a long time ago when I moved from docker on one machine to docker on another machine. I don’t think I had any problems with my AppleTV 4 that’s acting as a hub picking up the new homekit instance as the existing one and continue working as if nothing had changed.

Ok, I suppose at some point I’ll have to give it a go and report back.